got drunk on the first date...urghh

playon

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:46 am
So on sunday night i went on a date

It was with a guy I met about two years ago. I would see him occasionally we'd chat, then I saw him at a party last week and he asked for my #. I gave it to him. We text messaged back and forth all week long. He wanted me to meet up with him friday night, but it snowed so i didnt go. He asked me to go out sat. night, but i had other plans. So finally last night we went out. Everythign went well, except...I got pretty drunk.

He picked me up at 6, we got some drinks then were going to get dinner. We instead just stayed at the same place and got some appetizers and more drinks. Then we went to another bar closer to my house. At this point when we got to the 2nd bar, I should have just been going home. I wasnt out of control but I just wasnt myself. At one point he kissed me at the bar. Then we left. I kissed him in the car on the way home. Then he came inside and we kissed more there. We were standing up kissing so nothing other than kissing happened, but still...i just get really stupid sometimes when i drink so i honestly dont know what i was saying.

So he left and I have no recollection of whether he said we'd go out again. This morning i woke up and to my horror saw that I called him when he was on his way home. Then he called me back and we talked for 4 minutes. No clue what we said. Then I also saw that after we got off the phone last night he sent me a text that said, good night, sexy...so i guess it wasnt a bad conversation. I wrote a text this morning that said, sorry about how tipsy i got last night, that was a little crazy. He wrote back, but fun though. I wrote back, yeah i definitely had fun, i just shouldnt have had that much to drink...i havent heard back from him on that one. I mean he seemed like he was having fun. I just wonder if we would go out again...I mean he initiated the kissing....ahh who knows. i just wish i didnt get drunk ):

I just feel like it's a bad sign that i havent heard from him since yesterday morning. Before the date we were in frequent contact. My friend said he might just want to let some time pass now that we've gone out...but I dont know.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,618 • Replies: 8
No top replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:53 am
Doesn't sound like that big of a deal to me. Sounds like you both had fun and left on good terms. Give him a call, tell him you had a good time and want to do it again sometime.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:55 am
You went out on Sunday.
He contacted you Monday morning by text message.
It is now Tuesday and you are concerned about his lack of contact?

It hasn't even been 24 hours. Worry when it has been a week.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 10:02 am
right.

hung over people usualy spend the evening after drinking, quiet and with a bottle of tylenol...
HA!

it sounds like you guys just HAD FUN.. and that is ok.
I wouldnt apologize for drinking too much anymore if I were you. That could sound like you are trying to say you didnt enjoy kissing him.. since it seems that the alcohol made you two comfortable with kissing on the first date.

if you feel you must address the drinking, say something along the lines of " I wish I had not drank so much so I could have talked more with you the next day instead of taking a bunch of tylenol because my head hurt..." or something along those lines..
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 10:02 am
You didn't get tipsy, you got blackout drunk.

I wouldn't be worrying about the guy right now, but your drinking.
0 Replies

playon

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 10:08 am
re
I guess I feel that i've said enough about the drinking for now over texting. If I have a chance to see him in person I'll say something about it then. I dont know if i could say that i blacked out, but I cant remember everything i said...so that worries me. I just find it odd that we were in so much contact before the date, but now that we've gone out, made out, I havent heard from him. I wouldnt think it was a big deal to not have heard from him the next day, but only because we had been in some sort of contact everyday does it worry me.

He told me on the date the he has been unemployed since July and lives with his parents-he's 34. If I could see past that I would hope that he could see past me being drunk, esp when he was drinking as well and the first date was not his first impression of me since we've met before. I'd like to do another date, but I dont know if I should call him since i was the last one to text and did not hear back from him.
0 Replies

daniellejean

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 10:37 pm
It sounds like you really aren't looking past the fact that he is 34 and unemployed by the way you say that. It is sort of judgemental to say If I could, then he should because that implies that you think that his situation is worse than yours. That's fine. I'm personally not too enthused about guys without jobs (Im not a gold digger, but goals are nice). However, its important to keep in mind that you might not really be looking past it like you think you are.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 10:50 pm
I'm so glad you posted here. It's me, the guy you dated, and here is a transcript of what we said during that four minutes on the phone that you don't remember.

ME: Hey, sexy...
YOU: Hey...
ME: Your tongue is very, ummm...twisty...
YOU: You should...ummm...see what other parts of mine are twisty
ME: Do you mean...ummm...like those parts of you that look like a pretzel?
YOU: Yeah, like my, ummm...
ME: Yeah...
YOU: You know...
ME: Know what?
YOU: You know about my, um...twisty parts. You know?
ME: Yeah, like twisty like a pretzel, right?
YOU: Ummm...I'm hungry.
ME:...
YOU: I liked your tongue too...
ME: Yeah, it's kind of twisty too, isn't it?
YOU: Yeah...
ME: ...
YOU: ....
ME: Ahem! Mmmm...well, er, this was nice...
YOU: I wish I had a pretzel...
ME: Ummm...me too...we should go get one sometime...
YOU: ...
ME: Did you hear me? I said we should go--
YOU: Zzzzzzz....zzzzzz...zzzzzz...

The conversation only lasted about a minute and a half in reality, but I listened to you snoring for the next couple minutes, because I liked the sound of it. It was very soothing.

I'll call you soon, pretzel-girl.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 12:39 pm
As long as you didn't vomit into his mouth while you were kissing--I HATE when that happens!
0 Replies