what should i do??

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 06:34 pm
ok, me and my boyfriend fight almost all the time. we have been together for about 5 months now and i really do love him, and i know he loves me, but sometimes we just argue so much like one day we will be ok no arguing, next day we are arguing constantly. i cant break up with him because i already tried that and it was too hard to do. sometimes it seems like he trys to be in control of me i wont let him be though, and i know he would never hurt me because he is not that type. but sometimes we will argue and say that i get mad over stupid things and then he has a hard time admitting the fact he does the same thing, and i just cant take all of this. like today i told him i might be getting a tattoo by my friend and it is a male, but he is just a really close friend and thats it, and so he starts trippin sayin "no you cant get one" like he is in control of me but he knows he isn't. but what should i do??
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 796 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Tomkitten

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 06:54 pm
what should I do?
I dunno, but it doesn't sound like a good relationship. Sounds like infatuation, not love. Sounds like a control freak situation to me.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 11:15 pm
Well, I can see why he'd be upset by the tattoo thing. I mean, he probably feels that it's going to make you less attractive. That puts him in an awkward situation. Heck, I don't think I'm very controlling but if my girlfriend told me she was going to smack a big ugly tattoo on her face, I'd say no too.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 11:22 pm
MzKizzes, What you have ain't love. Go find another guy that treats you with respect, and doesn't engage in arguments often - unless you're a masochist.
0 Replies

Leggsly

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 03:18 am
I agree - he's not boyfriend material and a relationship shouldn't revolve around fights. It's normal to have disagreements and difficult times, but it shouldn't be the core of the relationship, and it sounds to me like you've been going 5 months of volcanic times... so take a step back, take a look at what's really best for you, and move on.
Because as much as you may care for him, can't help it, ultimately, your happiness won't last if you're constantly at odds with him
as tough as it may feel, it's best to walk away when it's still early and not more emotions have been compromised
0 Replies

Leggsly

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 03:20 am
I agree - he's not boyfriend material and a relationship shouldn't revolve around fights. It's normal to have disagreements and difficult times, but it shouldn't be the core of the relationship, and it sounds to me like you've been going 5 months of volcanic times... so take a step back, take a look at what's really best for you, and move on.
Because as much as you may care for him, can't help it, ultimately, your happiness won't last if you're constantly at odds with him
as tough as it may feel, it's best to walk away when it's still early and not more emotions have been compromised
0 Replies

Leggsly

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 03:20 am
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 04:52 am
Break ups are never easy- no matter what the circumstanses.
Maybe have a break from each other for a while, but i dont think id really recommend staying with him.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 08:14 am
Does this man own you?

Get a tattoo and quit being a baby. Maybe he'll break up with you then and it won't be "so hard to do".
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 10:18 am
what should I do?
Well, we don't know where the tattoo would be. Or whether it iwould be big. Or whether it would be ugly. Maybe it's only a small rose on her left ankle, or some such.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 10:45 am
It doesn't matter where it is! If she wants her entire face covered in a tattoo, he doesn't have to like it but he can't stop her.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 10:48 am
It might as well be on her forehead...
0 Replies