When you run into people from your childhood, later in life.

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 05:33 am
I just found out that a girl that I knew in Elementary school and fell in love with in Jr. High and High school, but never gave me the time of day since Elementary School is now living in the same small town as me, 440 miles away from where our lives started. She was the coolest new waver in my class, and I'll admit, some of my rebellious style of dressing in high school was influenced by her style!

I know that she was a bigger influence on my life than I was to her, and that in her classmates.com profile she stated that she is ashamed of her Jr. high and High school years.

Given this information, should I say Hello to her by eMail and let her know that someone from her childhood is now living in the same community as her? She is married now and I'm not looking for people to date. I'm afreaid that she or her husband will get the wrong idea. Should I just let it go?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,010 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 05:44 am
What good can come of it?

What bad can come of it?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 07:00 am
Let it go...
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 07:44 am
I don't see a problem with saying hello. If it is through classmates, then she can choose to respond or not. If she does respond, great. If not, then you can figure she doesn't want to and just go on your merry way. No harm done.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 07:45 am
True..

she is registered on classmates for a reason..
She obviously wants to see or hear from people she went to school with.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 07:49 am
I will let it go, but I think I will be looking around in the Grocery store and around the community. She did go a little overboard by preaching God in her profile. Because of he need for a God fix I feel that my life has been more fulfilling and more enjoyable. We will see if our pathes ever cross.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 07:51 am
Would you say something to her if you saw her?
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 08:00 am
shewolfnm wrote:
Would you say something to her if you saw her?

I would want to! But I think she would have to recognise me first. If I saw her I'd probably stare at her and let her walk on by while stuttering and tryring to speak. She was that pretty to me.. Oh well, such is life!
0 Replies

queen annie

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 08:22 am
Maybe, considering the effect she once had on you--which you still feel would probably be much the same....and the fact that she is married...it would be wiser for you to let it go.

But, then, could you?

Life is crazy when it hits you from behind, eh?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 08:28 am
I dont know..

If i were in your shoes ( im picturing school crushes as we speak) i would at least say hello.

She may not even recognize you... YOU may not recognize her either.. hehe.

But so much time has gone by that I dont think it would be rude of you to approach her in the grocery store even if she doesnt know who you are right away.

Usualy, crushes from school, dont result in an adult "crush" later on in life. Your ideas of what you want a woman to be have changed and you have changed.

you never know though.. she may end up being a great friend!
Or... a good laugh for you.. if she turns out to be a really wierd person.

Laughing
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 08:31 am
Re: When you run into people from your childhood, later in l
roverroad wrote:
I know that she was a bigger influence on my life than I was to her, and that in her classmates.com profile she stated that she is ashamed of her Jr. high and High school years.

This is 1 step away from becoming obsessed. Unless you get the feeling she would give 2 cents, I'd go ahead and not initiate conversation.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 08:40 am
Sounds like the very person you fell in love with, is whom she is ashamed of having been; plus, there wasnt much interest from her in the first case. Sounds like an awkward encounter, that, considering you still seem to care, you might better spare yourself...
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 08:45 am
Re: When you run into people from your childhood, later in l
Trust me, there's no obsession here. I can take it or leave it. I haven't been thinking about this woman over the years. But when I do think about her I remember significant times of my high school years. It's just memories, not of obsession. The girl is a freak in my opinion! But it would be nice to converse and hang out with her because we are both from the same place and the same time. And, I did like her style!
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 09:36 am
As a general rule I try to avoid people from my high school days. I hate faked interest. Who cares if we went to HS together? I didn't like you, you didn't like me... lets not pretend anything has changed.
0 Replies

daniellejean

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 06:53 pm
yes, but i think he is saying he did like her in high school, and that hasn't changed. So it isn't faked interest on his part.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 09:29 pm
Why not? Or would you rather keep a hypothetical reunion as a romantic dream?
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 09:31 pm
This was obviously a drunk post. My first ever on A2K! I don't know why I sad that about the religion thing. That was stupid. Anyway, Thanks for the advice everyone. I've decided not to contact her. If she was single I would.
0 Replies

Leggsly

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 09:53 am
Good choice
0 Replies