Wa'er/Defiance Mystery

lezzles

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 05:14 pm
I have come across an item in an on-this-day-in-history website which reads:

February 10 1943 Wa'er shot dead by Defiance

This piqued my curiousity and I have been trying to track down just who Wa'er was. I assumed it was connected with a WWII battle - Defiance being a ship perhaps, but the "shot dead by" indicates a more personal incident.

Is there any history buff out there that might know what this is all about?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,100 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Letty

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 07:54 am
Well, lezzles, nice to see you back, dear. <smile> I did some research myself and could only ascertain that wa'er was some sort of air craft.
0 Replies

babsatamelia

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 12:35 am
My grandfather on my mother's side of the family, left not only his wife, but also his 7 children during the depression. HIS name was Waer. Perhaps somebody found him and shot HIM. Laughing
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 02:21 pm
Babs--

I've got an ancestor who took off for the California Gold Rush with the wagon a mule in the middle of planting season.

He returned to his family four years later with malaria and without the wagon and the mule.
0 Replies

Mathew 59

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 02:48 pm
@lezzles,
Closest so far that I found to 1943 Defiance was Friday June 11, 1943 Defiance of Nazi's Decrease http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/82011057
0 Replies