1
   

Tinfoil Hat

 
 
Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 11:41 am
Lately (and especially on forums), I occasionally see the words "tinfoil hat." For example, someone will write "okay, put on your tinfoil hats, and get ready for him."

It must have something to do with filtering out electromagnetic impulses or vibes, or something.

Would someone be so kind as to briefly explain what is meant by using a tinfoil hat? And perhaps provide an example?

Thanking you in advance ...

Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 740 • Replies: 10
No top replies

 
Noddy24
 
  1  
Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 11:45 am
Easyasabc--

Welcome to A2K.

We have a complete thread devoted to manifestations of Tinfoil Hats:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=217&highlight=tinfoil+hat


One of the cliched manifestations of mental illness is a conviction that the patient is being bombarded with cosmic rays or alien ideas or hostile thoughts.
The cliched cure is a Tinfoil Hat.

Enjoy.

Enjoy.
0 Replies
 
easyasabc
 
  1  
Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 01:53 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Easyasabc--

Welcome to A2K.

We have a complete thread devoted to manifestations of Tinfoil Hats:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=217&highlight=tinfoil+hat


One of the cliched manifestations of mental illness is a conviction that the patient is being bombarded with cosmic rays or alien ideas or hostile thoughts.
The cliched cure is a Tinfoil Hat.

Enjoy.

Enjoy.


Thanks for the enlightenment. I got it now. The tinfoil hat thing is descriptive and amusing. I think I need one.
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 02:03 pm
We all need one, and the necessity grows every day . . .


Have i told you of the international plot to sap our precious bodily fluids? I first became aware of this after an act of love . . .
0 Replies
 
lmur
 
  1  
Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 02:09 pm
Setanta wrote:
I first became aware of this after an act of love . . .


Is that when you forgave Momma Angel her sins?
0 Replies
 
LionTamerX
 
  1  
Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 03:00 pm
lmur wrote:
Setanta wrote:
I first became aware of this after an act of love . . .


Is that when you forgave Momma Angel her sins?


Let us please not travel down that road...
0 Replies
 
jespah
 
  1  
Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 06:52 am
It is a slippery path.
0 Replies
 
Chai
 
  1  
Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 08:15 am
Covered with Set's precious bodily fluids
0 Replies
 
jespah
 
  1  
Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 08:37 am
Well, that's what makes it slippery, dontcha know.
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 08:49 am
The mind reels . . .
0 Replies
 
Noddy24
 
  1  
Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 10:36 am
The universe reels...

The mind boggles.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

deal - Question by WBYeats
Drs. = female doctor? - Question by oristarA
Let pupils abandon spelling rules, says academic - Discussion by Robert Gentel
Please, I need help. - Question by imsak
Is this sentence grammatically correct? - Question by Sydney-Strock
"come from" - Question by mcook
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Tinfoil Hat
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.07 seconds on 10/22/2021 at 05:02:47