Santa protocol

ralpheb

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 09:20 pm
Little guy v tree:
Little guy is laying on the floor under the tree looking up. Wife says "Jacob whatcha doin?'
"Thinkin"
"about what?"
"I climb tree"

As I get older I become more impressed with what my single mom of three did for us for Christmas.
I am also impressed with what my wife did with the older two when she was a single mom.
I think if I was placed in their shoes I would have lost my mind.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 08:55 pm
Cute!

I'm all dithery. I'm not as on top of this as I thought and am not quite sure where I want to go/ how I want to handle it.

We had a Santa discussion and it didn't quite go as I expected. The Santas at the mall and such aren't really Santa, but unlike Clifford, Santa DOES exist. :-? (I asked specifically -- is he like Clifford? No, Santa's real. Eek.) He lives at the North Pole and nobody really sees him. He only visits when people are sleeping. But she asked him for ice skates and really hopes to get them.

So I have the ice skates -- now what? Do I say "From Santa"?? Do I disguise my writing? Do I use different wrapping paper from our usual? (We've done a lot of wrapping already and she knows what's in our collection.)

This just hasn't really been an issue until this year.

At this point I think I'm going to not worry about the wrapping paper or my writing but say "From Santa." I think.
0 Replies

ralpheb

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 09:10 pm
We use a private stash:)

Do you think she will notice your handwriting?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 08:05 am
Perhaps Santa prints out labels on his computer?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 10:54 am
A special present from Santa could always be unwrapped--after all Mrs. C. and the elves are terribly busy at this time of year.

The skates could be under the tree--or stashed in a closet and the subject of a short treasure hunt, moving (skating?) from site to site for clues.
0 Replies

Devious Britches

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 11:47 am
We use special wrapping paper for santa gifts. Wasn't so much an issue when it was just my daughter but now that there are children in our home with sight it had to change. I found some really cool sparkly paper that looks like it could come from a magical place like the north pole.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 11:51 am
I kind of like the idea of taking 'em out of the box and setting them prominently under the Christmas tree -- first thing she sees when she comes downstairs.

She would notice my handwriting, I bet. She's very observant. Maybe I'll write with my left hand. (I can do it legibly, but looks a lot different.)

I'd hoped to be completely, no-need-to-set-foot-in-ANY-store-until-12-26 finished with Christmas shopping as of last night, but maybe I could get one more little bit of wrapping paper... hmmm...
0 Replies

Devious Britches

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2005 09:07 pm
Yeah I like that idea too. Seems cool
0 Replies