More than friends

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 01:03 pm
This is for you lovely ladies out there, I need some advise on whether to ask my friend if she would want to become more than just friends. We have been friends for a while and get along good. We've gone out many times and hang out with our other friends. I've have genuine feelings for her but question if she feels the same way. One thing that gets in the way is that I'm a little shy. I don't know if thats the problem. I want to open myself more to her but don't know when. Well thanks in advance, I have to jet. :wink:

[A thing of beauty is a joy forever: its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness.
] John Keats
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,095 • Replies: 18
No top replies

stuh505

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 10:28 pm
Just slap her on the ass and see how she likes it
0 Replies

raddbj03

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 01:01 am
i would ask her (just as close friends) if she was interested in anybody in your group of friends...go from there. chances are you'll find out alot just by trying to be a good friend...then play ur cards right and in ya go!

another thing to try - bring up the topic of best friends being more than just friends...get to the topic in any fashion that allows you to back off and play it like you aren't "that guy"....good luck
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 10:02 am
stuh505 wrote:
Just slap her on the ass and see how she likes it

Laughing
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 10:20 am
Remember that taking this relationship to the next level means risking the friendship. If you really like her and it is worth it, go for it. But if she doesn't feel the same, it might make things very uncomfortable and your friendship will fail.

My thoughts are if you don't feel or see that she is interested, she probably isn't. She'd be giving you signals, consciously or unconsciously, if she wanted you to pursue her in a more intimate way.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 11:41 am
Question: Do you get the vibes she might feel the same way too?

Warning: The follow tale, although vulgar, is true.

When I first met my now husband of 13 years come January 1, we "hung out" together all the time too.

I felt a strong pull toward him, but was afraid to risk our friendship.
Then, I started feeling that he was going through the same urges, but didn't want to risk our relationship either.

I couldn't take it any longer.

We went to the movies one night, I drove. It was "The Burbs" with Tom Hanks.

I pulled into a parking spot, and put the car in park.

We started sitting there talking for a minute, before getting out.

Suddenly - without knowing I was going to do it, I looked him straight in the eye and said....."Boy I'd like to suck you c*ck"

We eventually saw The Burbs a few years later on video.

Good Luck to you Young Lover.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 11:47 am
chai, you are my hero!!!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 11:48 am
heroine, rather.
0 Replies

subtleone

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 03:16 pm
Chai Tea wrote:

When I first met my now husband of 13 years come January 1, we "hung out" together all the time too.

I felt a strong pull toward him, but was afraid to risk our friendship.
Then, I started feeling that he was going through the same urges, but didn't want to risk our relationship either.

I find this thread interesting. I don't really have any words for Aurelius other than best wishes, but I do have a two questions for Chai:

What made you feel that he was feeling so strongly toward you without him overtly pursuing you, and, what signs did he miss that you were really into him? Other than staring at his, well...bulge?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 03:34 pm
Knowing him as well as I do now, I can say this....

He never overtly pursues anything, he is a hunter of stealth and cunning.

What I thought at the time was him missing cues, I realize now was him waiting until what he wanted was hypnotized by the cobra's stare.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 04:48 pm
Quote:
My thoughts are if you don't feel or see that she is interested, she probably isn't. She'd be giving you signals, consciously or unconsciously, if she wanted you to pursue her in a more intimate way.

I'd agree with this
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 06:42 pm
stuh505 wrote:
Quote:

I'd agree with this

I also agree with this.

Chai - You rock! I love that story!
0 Replies

Deler

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 10:06 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Remember that taking this relationship to the next level means risking the friendship. If you really like her and it is worth it, go for it. But if she doesn't feel the same, it might make things very uncomfortable and your friendship will fail.

I haven't finished the thread for once but I have agree again with bella, going after your feelings of wanting more from this relation, you really risk encroaching the sound relation you've built. Going to someone this close to you on such level and confessing your thought of more is something that may easily come between; from this moment to tomorrow, no matter how tactfully you may attempt to go at this a difference between you and your relation and have negative reprocusions. On the otherhand, harboring this feeling and keeping your complete self from this close other may just as well do as much damage. If you reach the point where you feel this is something more then a whispfull occurance; you are obligated to share it with your other, how else did you become? without shareing eachother in every aspect. The best way to do this, if there is a best way, is to prepare yourself mentaly, to go through your true feelings before your confrontation as every insignificant thought will show it's face during these few moments. Think to yourself of a life involveing everything you could ever want and in turn placeing this dear individual next to you, the one you've longed for to fullfill every desolate craveing of the bright and the dismall, then think of the case where your urges have lead you astray if even not off track, where this idea has crossed your mind the number one ultimatum is surrounded by mutualality and in this case where the thought swiftly dies without a lingering memory. Understand that which you know and bring this to your closest
0 Replies

sephirothnz23

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 05:13 am
Same thing happening to me.

I wrote her a letter saying how I felt, and I want to get to know her.....she wrote back saying she feels the same way, and she wants to know me as well.

Now we call each other regularly and we've become cool friends. She has a boyfriend but I feel she is the one if there is such a thing...now I have doubts but each time I hear her voice, I get so caught up......oh man...
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 07:55 am
<sigh>

Faint Heart Never Won Fair Lady.

If you don't make your move, you will be sitting in an armchair in 60 years having regrets. You'll be thinking "Why didn't I just do it"?

If you do, even if you're rejected, it's all part of the game of life.

Tell her.
Don't think about it anymore, you'll confuse yourself

Tell her.

If she's not interested, she will still be flattered.

Tell her.
0 Replies

sephirothnz23

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 06:59 pm
Are you talking to me?

Because there is a slight problem with that........she's in Australia until Friday

I get what u saying loud and clear oh great one.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 07:35 am
Well, talking to the world at large seph.

I have recently attained the status of Wise Elder.

At this time, I am merely a Junior Wise Elder, but on this matter you can trust me.

Friends are one thing, but it is always worth the risk to take it to a higher level.
0 Replies

PrincessYanu

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 06:28 am
I completely agree with Chai.

Ive been through this a few times when I was in high school mostly.
One of my friends that I was really attracted to, I did tell, and we are still perfectly good friends.

The other friend I was going to tell one day, and he beat me to the punch.
We only stayed together for 2 years, but it was a super friendly breakup.
It was actually our friends that we were awkward around because they were awkward about it.
0 Replies

PrincessYanu

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2005 06:31 am
Also Chai, the story of you and your husband is totally awesome. Not enough people are straight forward enough like that.

The guy I'm with now, I was always attracted to him and he knew it, but he's one of those guys who likes to drive you crazy first or something lol.

One day walking down the street, he just looked over at me and said "you should come by later and get some *ss".

And I said "about time dude".

Not everyone's idea of romance, but it works for some people Wink
0 Replies