Sofia wrote:
--
irritating

Not really Very Happy
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 01:25 pm
Back on topic....

If the Democrats have any hope of displacing W., they should back another republican candidate...John McCain perhaps. Or maybe bring back Ross for Boss...I just don't see the stable of candidates they have now being able to do it. Even if they shared the office amongst them.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 05:35 pm
McGentrix<

I remember Dubya's father as having been very popular near the close of his term. Yet, a Democrat defeated him and stayed in the White House for eight years.

As we are more than a year away from Election 2004, let's don't count out the Democrat candidate yet. S/he has not even been selected yet.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 06:03 pm
IMHO, nothing is certain in political season!!
Anything can happen.
Look at what was thought of Clinton-- a guy who dodged the draft, who admitted with a laugh he'd 'puffed the magic dragon', whose main job was squashing bimbo eruptions... A lot of people thought there was NO WAY he could get elected. (Including Bush I.)

Any of the Dems could emerge as a complete surprise.

Look at Guiliani. A completely unforeseen event made him a global hero. I'm not expecting a similar event to catapult one of the Dem contenders, but a lesser event, speech, action...

Life is like box of chocolates...
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2003 03:53 pm
anon
Thanks for the honorable mention.
0 Replies