nothingtodo

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 08:58 am
@husker,
The atheists bend to reason of peace in order to not interfere with religion, based on religion's correct attempts at discernment in a path separate to their own. At least according the quote by Jason. Which until recently made slight sense as a notion to me, based on historical implication of arguments, though it is a two way street.

God to me is a word I would refrain from normally, preferring instead to term universal balance and conclusion relative psychology as the true nature of the overall construct which we find ourselves in.

Re: a snippet.
" human conception of God is the highest conception humanly possible and since the highest conception humanly possible must have existence as one attribute, God must exist."

I believe this is what we, or rather the believers of this have accepted due to the fight which must be had not to.
It provable a fallacy to me. Also it is to an aware universe. I suspect even science drops that notion, what with the lesser issues facing the world.
Humanity tends to imply enemy must eventually bend, it is mans flaws which require this to be the finality of conversation, according to vast forces within and 'above' man.

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2012 01:27 pm
@Spreader,
You really aught to study religious history. The bible is taken almost directly from the Book of the Dead which is many centuries older than the bible.

There are no scientific evidence of anything claimed in the bible ever happened.

The bible itself is full of contradictions, errors, omissions, and bull ****.

How anyone can logically rationalize all those mistakes is an amazing feat of the mind.

Basically, it's without any common sense or "message." Morals do not require religion. One simple human rule overrides anything in the bible, and that is "treat all living things with respect and dignity."

One doesn't need thousands of words to understand that one statement, and it holds true historically in any culture, race, or environment.

It's that simple, but humans are not.
neologist

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 12:25 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
. . .

There are no scientific evidence of anything claimed in the bible ever happened.

. . .
Sorry to have abridged your post.
Are you saying that Babylon was not conquered by Cyrus?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 01:36 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:
. . .

. . .
Sorry to have abridged your post.
Are you saying that Babylon was not conquered by Cyrus?

Your line of reasoning is brilliant lad ! Laughing
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 05:48 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
What are the evidence for this feat - other than conclusions arrived at from a cylinder? Does one written record prove history?

Let's just say - even if this one event is true, the remaining miracles, virgin birth, a human turning into salt, separation of water, feeding thousands from a few loaves of bread and fishes, are all copied from other myths and records written hundreds of years after the said events.

Recorded by men from the words of god? Give me a break!
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 01:59 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It seams to make him happy enough I just find it funny he believes he is being so damn rational...anyways i don't bother anymore let ppl play n dream all they want. Just don't get Creationism in Biology class, or change country when it happens !
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 04:10 pm
Rational?

This could be fun. I believe as in 2Timothy 3:16, that "All scripture is inspired. . ."

That is to say every seeming contradiction or error you may find has a legitimate answer or explanation. So give it your best shot. You will find scripture more than capable.

Just one thing: I eschew what I call "argumentum ad avalanchium". If you insist on posting a laundry list, I will take it as permission to respond to the assertion I find most absurd. One or two at a time.

Bring it on! Put up yer dupes!
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 23 Mar, 2013 01:02 pm
I have heard that "God" is a verb.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 23 Mar, 2013 01:18 pm
@JLNobody,
Is "karma" a verb too?
neologist

Reply Sat 23 Mar, 2013 01:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Is "karma" a verb too?

A noun of course.
As in this sentence:
My karma ran over your dogma.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 23 Mar, 2013 01:33 pm
@neologist,
Mr. Green
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2013 05:01 am
This is what I think if anyone is interested...

I think that God the Father is the universe itself...I think that Jesus Christ signifies all of the physical aspects, and the Holy Spirit is everything that no one can physically see...I think that this explains why even if The Big Bang is correct, it is still truthful that God always was, because even scientists say that the universe was a small shaped pin head...I think that whether we were created by evolution or creationism, it was still by God the universe...and we are debating a meaningless point to this God...I think that this is why God says that he is infinite...because the universe is forever going...I think that that is why God says he is everywhere...I think this also explains why people started worshiping certain aspects of the universe, such as the sun, the moon, and even going farther to mythology where Gods had control of certain aspects...etc...I do not know if these people as being God-like are actually in control of those aspects once they are with this God...However it happens...I think they all could have been having premonitions as to who they are, and what they will be one day that makes up part of this God...I think that when one dies, their essence becomes apart of this universe itself...as in their soul...I think that we will be able to go anywhere we would like too, and there is a place called Heaven...Or just this existence in this universe is Heaven...I think that there are other Gods and multi or parallel universes but they will all be consumed or collapse...if they do not wish to be apart of this one universe forever that can do everything...

I am still iffy about the devil, but if I had to explain based upon what I think...Then I would say the devil or evil is made up of everyone who does not wish to be apart of this existence...and is possibly thrown into a black hole that = the bottomless pit that Jesus talks about...and then they do not existence forever, or that is their suffering....

If I had to explain Purgatory...I think it is people not worthy of the bottomless pit, but are trapped here for some reason for now, where they can not have their soul travel into this universe, and they have not fully risen...yet...

And then everything else can be explained up cosmological ...

Below for a post in a different thread talking about slavery...but I think it applies here, so I will include it in here...

I think that God would only want everyone to do virtuous things...I think that evil only hurts you from becoming one with this universe itself...I think that good always gets you closer...I think that one person using their own perceptions of the spirit of this God thought that it was morally correct to own slaves and scribed it...Just like I think we all have the ability to accept this spirit aspect if we chose to do it...and see our own perceptions of what this God actually is...That all make up this one God forever...The prophets were no more than we are...They just scribed their perceptions and most do not...I think that the Bible or any religious scripture is a guide to understanding how it may be one day, and understanding that there is so much more that we do not know...I think that Jesus would not agree with slavery, and maybe did not say anything because he was not interested in violating that free will...Or every religious scripture has some sort of virtuous testing to be gained from it, for us to use our spirit, and explain how we agree or disagree, just like that one Prophet Moses had explained in Leviticus...I do not think the point to life or faith is blind acceptance...I do not think that God wants people to regurgitate what others have said about God using their own perceptions about this God when they embraced the spirit...I think that everything we will be...Is what we do here reflected...forever...
neologist

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2013 05:49 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
God defines himself by the meaning of his name, Jehovah, meaning "He who causes to become"

(Isaiah 55:10, 11)" . . .For just as the pouring rain descends, and the snow, from the heavens and does not return to that place, unless it actually saturates the earth and makes it produce and sprout, and seed is actually given to the sower and bread to the eater, 11 so my word that goes forth from my mouth will prove to be. It will not return to me without results, but it will certainly do that in which I have delighted, and it will have certain success in that for which I have sent it."

Jesus is defined by the meaning of his name, "Jehovah's salvation"
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2013 06:29 am
@neologist,
Quote:
God defines himself by the meaning of his name, Jehovah, meaning "He who causes to become"

= One who knows God, because they freely want to do actions and have faith and explain why they do in my name?

(please cite where in the Christian Bible it actually says that the Heavenly Fathers name is Jehovah... It says in Exodus on Mt. Sinai that Moses could not pronounce God's name...Moses did have a stutter, but Jehovah is Jewish or Hebrew correct? Revelations says that God will write his name on the saved foreheads and it will be God's new name...)

Quote:
(Isaiah 55:10, 11)" . . .For just as the pouring rain descends, and the snow, from the heavens and does not return to that place,

= No one will know me in the exact same two ways...because I know all...and one who knows me, knows me because they want to believe me, not have blind faith in what another has said about me...but because they honestly want to explain who I am...and let others recognize your fruits...the truth shall set you free...

Quote:
unless it actually saturates the earth and makes it produce and sprout, and seed is actually given to the sower and bread to the eater,

= unless what is being said is good for mankind, and does not cause one to lose their own grace...because it teaches them the tools to find me if they want to...

Quote:
11 so my word that goes forth from my mouth will prove to be.

= Anyone who knows me, will know that you know I the Lord...and recognize me by your fruits...not by you saying you believe based upon what another has claimed about me...

Quote:
It will not return to me without results,

= No one will believe you...

Quote:
but it will certainly do that in which I have delighted,

= But it certainly will in the ones who know I...

Quote:
and it will have certain success in that for which I have sent it."

= And it will have its purpose for the ones who chose to spread what I explain to them to say...and do not give up hope in what I tell them to explain...using their spirit...

Quote:
Jesus is defined by the meaning of his name, "Jehovah's salvation"

= Salvation in God is only obtained if one wants to find God themselves...and believes that God is going to save them...If they do not, they can be saved...but it will not happen until salvation in God is accepted...

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2013 07:08 am
@neologist,
Sorry, the Burning Bush on Mt. Horeb...not Sinai...
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2013 09:27 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Jehovah, or Yahweh, designated by the Hebrew yod, heh, waw, heh, appears thousands of times in the Hebrew manuscripts, though often written as LORD by translators, perhaps advancing the Jewish superstition about pronouncing the name. At any rate, there are numerous places in the Christan manuscripts which contain direct quotes from the Hebrew. The translation I am accustomed to using renders those passages with the name Jehovah. This is in keeping with Jesus admonition to 'hallow the father's name'.

BTW, I don't understand the meaning of your expositions interspersed within Issiah's citation. What is the purpose?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2013 10:16 am
@neologist,
Quote:
BTW, I don't understand the meaning of your expositions interspersed within Issiah's citation. What is the purpose?

I thought that you were interested in discussing this scripture passage?

Quote:
(Isaiah 55:10, 11)" . . .For just as the pouring rain descends, and the snow, from the heavens and does not return to that place, unless it actually saturates the earth and makes it produce and sprout, and seed is actually given to the sower and bread to the eater, 11 so my word that goes forth from my mouth will prove to be. It will not return to me without results, but it will certainly do that in which I have delighted, and it will have certain success in that for which I have sent it."

To try to give your own "interspersed expositions" as to why you think this below from that particular scripture passage above? Am I incorrect? Why did you cite it for me?

Quote:
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2013 10:24 am
@neologist,
Quote:
At any rate, there are numerous places in the Christian manuscripts which contain direct quotes from the Hebrew. The translation I am accustomed to using renders those passages with the name Jehovah.

If you can provide me with just one...then I think I will be happy and understand your thinking and maybe learn something new...but you do not have too if you are not interested...
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2013 10:25 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Sorry. I intended to cite a passage where God expounds the meaning of His name. Whatever He sets out to do gets done.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2013 10:29 am
@neologist,
That is cool because I had no intent to try to stop that...If you are interested in linking just one for me to be able to see the Christian translation as to why the Hebrew is interpreted as Jehovah (the Father) then I would have been interested in seeing just one...to understand why you think that from that scripture passage you quoted...but like I have said you do not have too...

That scripture had nothing to do with God the Father explaining his name was Jehovah...In my own interpretations...because it does not make any difference what his name may be...and the faithful would still know who he is...and others know faithful by their fruits...and God knows everyone's hearts and minds...etc...which was my point...

I think I was just thinking much deeper than what his name could have meant from that passage...but I bless and forgive for saying I was trying to stop your intentions, because I was not...

See ya later Neo...Very Happy