I think my boyfriend cheated, what can i do?

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 02:32 pm
I have been living with my boyfriend for 4 years, but we have been dating for much longer. I love him so much, I have never cheated on him even though he always acused me of doing something. He is always jealous when i go out on my own or with friends, even though i tell him where i am. To make the story short. He has been acting funny, not taking me out much and telling me that he is just out with his male friends. He will not answer my calls when he is out at night, and for a couple of times he came home in the morning hours with no excuse and wouldn't talk about it or even apologize. Always made it seem like it was all my fault.
Recently i found his bank statement with a Victoria Secret charge, and a Restaurant, and hotel room charge, all on the same day. He tells me he doesn't know anything about that, and would not talk about it. But for a man who complains about $2 charges on his account, something was not right. Days later i told him that i have his hotel bill and that i know what he did (lied), and i just want him to be honest with me. He still would not talk about it, he denies it all. I am so hurt and i don't know what to do. I love him but i don't think i can trust him now. I have a feeling he cheated on me, and he still hasn't said sorry. I don't know what to do.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 830 • Replies: 10
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 03:51 pm
fofas, Once you lose trust in your partner, it's never the same. Since he doesn't explain himself about the charges, and deny what those charges are for, it's about time for you to make that important decision to stay or leave. If you decide to stay, expect more of the same - and don't complain. You should know better.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 04:12 pm
Oh, man.

Sounds like he did exactly what you think he did. And, since he has been jealous of you, what do you suppose that means? Maybe, just maybe he wants to have his cake and eat it, too, in more ways than one.

Do yourself a favor -- an unpleasant favor, to be sure, but a favor nonetheless -- and contact the hotel. Even visit them if they are nearby, and ask about the charge. They won't tell you much, but they should be able to tell you whether it was for an hour or two, double occupancy, that sort of thing. You can couch it not as investigating girlfriend but just as someone curious about a bill or about the hotel's rates. Nothing more.

And then it will be confirmed, and you will know. And I hope you use that information to your advantage. What am I talking about? I'm talking about throwing the bum out -- but I suspect you need a bit more of a jolt to get to that point. Good luck and I hope you do soon as I feel this guy is not being fair to you.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 04:48 pm
Fofas--

Welcome to A2K.

Quote:
Days later i told him that i have his hotel bill and that i know what he did (lied), and i just want him to be honest with me. He still would not talk about it, he denies it all. I am so hurt and i don't know what to do. I love him but i don't think i can trust him now. I have a feeling he cheated on me, and he still hasn't said sorry. I don't know what to do.

You are absolutely right. You can't trust this guy.

Even if he says he's sorry, he's still a lying, two-timing SOB. Maybe he wants to have his cake and eat it too. Maybe he's decided that it is time to trade you in on a new Significant Other and he's bed-hopping in a big way.

Either way, he's sleeping around and you can't trust him to be either faithful or honest.

Quote:
...Always made it seem like it was all my fault.

It is not "all your fault". If you could control his actions, he wouldn't be sleeping around.

Keep in mind, he may be working up to telling you your romance is over.
Whatever you do, prepare yourself for a very unpleasant time ahead.

Good luck. If we can help, we're here.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 08:32 pm
Ditto to what the two lovely women before me said.

I'm sorry that you are going through this. You are right that you can not trust him.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 08:37 pm
And you can count me in on what these three lovely women before me have said. No one deserves this. If he wants out, then he should have the courage and respect to tell you so. Obviously, he has neither.

I am so sorry that you are going through this pain.
0 Replies

fofas1204

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 05:33 pm
You know... you are all so right about this. I have decided to move out into my own apt, i am just saving up enough money for that. I will not tell him untill i have rented the apt and am ready to move out. I am pretty sure he will not believe it, but i am ready to move on with my life, maybe he will realize what he had and what he is loosing this way. Will see, but i think he needs to lean a lesson from me this time. I had it being nice to him.
Thank you all so much for your responses, i think that i feel much stonger now.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 05:35 pm
You go girl! I hope that everything works out well for you. Just remember, you deserve to be treated right.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 06:27 pm
Just one suggestion: It might not be a bad idea to have a medical check for STDs. Sorry if this alarms you, but you can't know for certain how long he's been sexually active with others.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 06:57 pm
Fofas--

Good for you. Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 11:46 am
Good for you, Fofas. Independence is a beautiful thing.
0 Replies