The Starver's Diet Diaries

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 06:10 pm
I thought you guys might find this interesting. A friend of mine found this on a site she goes to alot but didn't disclose the site URL to me

A Starver's Diet Diaries: by Anonymous

I recently saw Morgan Spurlock's documentary movie "Super Size Me." For those not framilier with the "flick" I will give a brief summary. What Spurlock was trying to address in the film is how obesity ties in with today's fast food. To test the theory that fast food is one of the major causes of obesity in America, Spurlock had committed himself to a strict diet of world famous McDonald's. For one month (30 days) he would eat nothing but McDonald's for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Through out the documentary we see the drastic change in his health and how fast food affects our bodies.

Not only were Spurlock's studies successful, but it made me wonder about other human eating disorders, such as anorexia or bulimia. Looking through the celebrity magazines, apparently the new "trend" is eating disorders, specifically anorexia. Anorexia is a serious desease. These once beautiful actresses have turned themselves into walking skeletons. Another interesting story is the Opera business. Last month a few of the major opera singers went on a hunger strike, but ended up getting off of it because it was ruining their voice. The question I want to ask is, what sacrifices must one go through on a starver's diet? How effective is it? And most importantly, is it worth it in the end?

To better understand this desease and new found trend, I myself will go on the starver's diet for one month (30 days). Knowing that the human body can only last around a month without food, it can only last a week without water. I will be keeping a diary with very accurate day to day diary entries and at the end of each week I will be keeping track of how much weight was lost and my symptoms. Each week I will be sending out the latest page of the diary. This diary and it's entries I will be calling:

THE STARVER'S DIET DIARIES

Stats of Anonymous:

Week #1: Sun, Nov. 27 - Sat, Dec. 2

Day #1: Sunday

The diet officially started at 10:00 am. Knowing that I could not stop eating cold turkey because putting that kind of shock on the human body is really dangerous, I had to slowly adapt the diet to my system. I had eaten a small sandwich earlier in the morning to prevent such a shock.

Day #2: Monday

I ate nothing until 7:00p.m. It's been 33 hours since I last ate. Unfortunately, I was forced to go to dinner with family and refusing to eat at dinner is disrespectful so I had to have a meal with them.

Day #3: Tuesday

Today has been the hardest day. Eating that meal last night threw my body back into motion which is setting me back in my studies. The hunger pains are the worst I have felt today. They feel like contractions every half an hour. I find that it is easier to ignore them if I am hard at work doing something and my mind is off of them. The hunger pains finally dulled away after eating a few nuts.

Day #4: Wednesday

I wake up with head aches in the morning. The only thing that gets rid of them is sipping a small smoothie. The smoothie has 0 fat and around 80 calories. Concentrating in class is more difficult. I feel very tired all the time and my eye lids feel heavy. That was all I had today.

Day #5: Thursday

I had another smoothie to stop the head ache. The smoothie can last me all day. I had another family dinner this night. To prevent the hunger pains the next day I had to take drastic measures. I had my big meal. I went home and threw it up in the toilet.

Day #6: Friday

No hunger pains from the night before. I went out with my girl friends for lunch. When I got home I threw it up in the toilet. So far I am still in the process of getting my body used to this new eating habit. Later that night I had a snack. I didn't throw it up this time because I want to minimize the amount of stomach acid going through my esophagus.

Day #7: Saturday

So far I haven't eaten anything today. I no longer need the smoothies in the mornings. I don't get the head aches in the mornings any more. My body aches in many places. My shoulders and neck hurt, no evidence if these pains are connected with the diet.

Progress Notes

I noticed that when having hunger pains, the best thing to do is ignore them by distracting yourself with a project. If no project is available, the next best thing is to eat a few nuts or even a piece of chocolate. This seems to help and I no longer have the pains for the rest of the day. I did notice my lower back by my tail bone was hurting but no evidence that it is due to the diet. Also, my urine has turned a dark yellow, almost gold color but secretes no unframilier sent.

TOTAL FOR WEEK #1

Sunday, November 27 - Weight: 155 lbs

Saturday, December 2 - Weight: 148 lbs

Total weight loss from day 1 to day 7: 7 lbs
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 946 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Chai

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 12:18 pm
Either this is made up, or this is the stupidest person who ever lived.

I'm sure a doctor is monitoring her every day.
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 10:47 pm
I'm not really sure what it is or who wrote it. My friend emailed it to me and I just thought it was bizarre.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 08:40 am
I'm wondering if this isn't from a site for anorexia. I understand that while there are sites devoted to education and treatment there are also clubby sites where anorexic individuals talk to people who "really understand them".
0 Replies