Anyone fancy researching some answers for me?

Paaskynen

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 10:34 am
hanban wrote:
Gutted!
lost the quiz!
Switzerland wasnt the last country in the EU to give women the vote....it was Lichtenstein!

The question said nothing about the EU. Women were given the right to vote in (national only) elections in Lichtenstein on July 1, 1984, so Kuwait was much later.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 12:46 pm
Paaskynen wrote:
I am interested to know which ones.

- If you consider Russia being Europa then the highest mountain is "Gora el'brus" in the Caucasus.

- Venice of the North usually apllies to Bruges - Belgium.

(Reading attentively : SNCF means "Societé" nationale des chemins de fer français).
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 02:40 am
I must visit Bruges/Brugge some day. I never heard the name Venice of the North applied to it though, but I know Amsterdam has also been called that. However, from where I am situated, neither qualifies as being in the North Very Happy

I always considered the Caucasus (with Turkey) were part of Asia., but I am not sure where the line is officially drawn. I always imagined it ran roughly from the Sea of Azov to the north of the Caspian Sea to the Urals.

As to SNCF, well, I said my memory was unreliable Embarrassed
0 Replies