TERRORISM IS . . .

talk72000

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 11:31 pm
A terrorist to one is a national hero to another. Well known terrorists are:
1) George Washington branded a terrorist by the Britishfor 200 years after attacking the British fort commanded by Colonel? Cornwallis on XMas Day in Princeton.
2) Menachem Begin leader of Irgun gang branded by the British as a terrorist for bombings in Palestine, became Likud leader and Prime Minister of Israel.
3) Yitzak Shamir leader of Stern gang also branded by the British as a terrorist for bombings in Palestine, became Likud leader and Prime Minister of Israel after Begin.
4) Yasser Arafat was a terrorist who be came the leader of the Palestinians.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 11:51 pm
Us Brits LIKE branding people.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 11:59 pm
Keep yer filthy perversions to yerselves.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 04:35 am
Well, folks. I've been thinking about Set's topic for some time, and as most of us do, we define it in the light of our own personal experience. Politically, the unseen terrorism is that which covertly threatens civil liberties of a people, especially in a democratic form of government. The shifting of the balance of power in the U.S. is a subtle form of terrorism, but none the less, one that is a metastasis.

I still believe that the worst form of government is one that fosters a benevolent despot, and I think that is what we are seeing now.
0 Replies