i have no friends. help me.

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 08:22 am
i do not have alot of friends. i have 3 and they are in the wrong "crowd" how can i make new friends . but in my grade i have only 24 kids cuz i go to a private school. please help me. i onl
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 854 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 08:28 am
What do you mean they are in the wrong crowd?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 08:31 am
yeah, what do you mean? If you mean, they aren't the "popular kids", you need to check your bad attitude and thank your blessings that you have 3 people who haven't dumped you on your ass for being so superficial. If you mean "wrong crowd" as in they do things that you know you shouldn't be doing, then you are in a different boat.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 08:35 am
Re: i have no friends. help me.
surfinthewavelink wrote:
i do not have alot of friends. i have 3 and they are in the wrong "crowd" how can i make new friends . but in my grade i have only 24 kids cuz i go to a private school. please help me. i onl

To have friends, you need to be a friend yourself. Express a genuine interest in others. Thats it!
0 Replies

surfinthewavelink

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 08:38 am
REP:
yes i mean the wrong crowd as in skate punks that like to break things and vandalize. but they are the only friends i have. so what do i do? i know this is like a classic case but whatecer
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 08:41 am
Better be alone than be in bad company!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 08:45 am
Just start talking to someone else, try to start with someone you have something in common with. I know it's easier said than done, mainly because there are probably very tight cliques in your school, but you will be associated with these guys and you will then be known as a "skate punk" that vandalizes. Guilt by association.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 08:50 am
Quote:
Just start talking to someone else, try to start with someone you have something in common with.

Exactly! Most of my friends in college are the ones who share similar interests with me.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 08:54 am
I myself have a variety of friends... from all different groups... From the stereotypical bookworms, the skater punks, jocks, preps, goth, etc. I could name them forever

So branch out and associate with other groups... do you follow what your friends do and vandalize with them?
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 08:59 am
That's true, but first you must begin with people who are more like you.....
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 09:00 am
It doesn't matter if he vandalizes with them, which I don't think he does since he is seeking out a more acceptable group of friends. People will automatically associate him with those guys because he hangs out with them. So best to just dump the losers and move on.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 09:03 am
And yes.......A lot depends upon your personality.
Like if you are a Sanguine, then perhaps its good to branch out like CL said and if you are a Phlegmatic sort then perhaps.....keep low and befriend the ones who share similar interests.
0 Replies

clairedan

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 05:38 am
spidergal wrote:
And yes.......A lot depends upon your personality.
Like if you are a Sanguine, then perhaps its good to branch out like CL said and if you are a Phlegmatic sort then perhaps.....keep low and befriend the ones who share similar interests.

I adore your avatar, spidergal, hehe Laughing
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 03:46 am
You adore spiderman.... Laughing

hehehe...
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 04:08 am
I would like to know more about the skateboarding vandals and where they hang out.

They sound like my kind of people.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 04:44 am
When you get older you'll find that it's not important to have a lot of friends, and 3 is actually a pretty good amount. But at your age, if you want to make more friends you have to take the initiative and actually say hi to more people. Make conversation be friendly. Just don't try too hard, that puts people off.

at your age it also matters what group of kids you want to hang with. I discovered through personal experience that appearance is a big factor. If you start dressing like a stoner, eventually the stoner kids will start hanging around you, if you want to hang with the cheer leaders, you have to join the squad and get a uniform. You're not going to get with the jocks unless you can play a sport. and so on.

Anyway, good luck...
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 11:13 am
surfinthewave,

You would be surprised how many other people at your school probably feel the same way.

People are inherently friendly, and if you start saying hello and smiling to people, they will probably start to become friendlier with you too.

The best and easiest way to meet people at this age is to join some kind of collaborative extracurricular activity. Something like music, dance, sports, the newspaper group, any club at all. Then you automatically have something in common with other people.

At first, they will probably still think "oh she's just that punk girl" or whatever...but after getting used to seeing you around, they will forget about those things and see you for a the real person. This doesn't mean that they'll like you...but if you are a nice and hardworking person, they probably will.

On my cross country running team, there were some kids I just considered complete losers at first. But after I got to know them, I began to admire people for their abilities, or just feel a connection from the hard work that we were both putting out.

Making friends has a lot to do with your own confidence. Many people probably just ignore you -- they don't know you, and from the looks of you, they don't want to.

If you get into some kind of activity and then you just sit in the corner longingly watching the people who have friends, it's not going to work either. You've got to go talk with them too. You have to make them give you a chance.
0 Replies