The question Mike Wallace would ask George W. Bush

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 12:12 pm
60 Minute's Mike Wallace has never been allowed to interview George W. Bush because Karl Rove and Karen Hughes has refused to allow it.

When asked what question he would ask President Bush, Wallace said it would be "What education, training and experience prepared you to be Commander in Chief?"

Great question!

BBB
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,717 • Replies: 24
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 12:14 pm
And what training did Clinton have?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 12:15 pm
For that matter, what real training can anyone have for being the President of the United States? I can't imagine anyone ever being trained enough.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 01:19 pm
It's true that no-body can ever be trained enough to be president. But a history of achievement, leadership and responsibility would have been encouraging.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 01:29 pm
That was the problem with Clinton...

Actually if you look at Presidents over the years a great number of them had no previous government experience. Bush was Governor of Texas and in a position of leadership in several different capacities. All that Wallace has done is further prove the leftist leanings of not only the media; but of CBS in particular. Let me help you connect the dots...CBS, 60 Minutes, 60 Minutes Part2/Wednesday or whatever the f... they called it, where we found Dan Rather using fake documents to try to scuttle Bush's campaign and re-election. Hmm.. Dan Rather who got a big boost when he worked at 60 minutes WITH Mike Wallace back when Walter Cronkite (the last real newsman) was doing the evening news. Rather went on to the CBS evening news and threw hissy fits when he had to work with Connie Chung. Rather and Wallace, cohorts in whining.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 01:29 pm
BBB
Why did each of you change Mike Wallace's question in your response. Not president, commander in chief? There is a difference.

BBB
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 01:43 pm
And if you wish to drag it into Commander In Chief, we will then have to change the Presidency to only include men and women with military records.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 02:01 pm
Sturgis wrote:
That was the problem with Clinton...

I didn't vote for Clinton, but he was more qualified than the current inhabitant. As to BBB's point about being Commander in Chief, I'm not sure there is a difference, or at least, I'm not certain what special qualities would qualify one to be CIC that do not simultaneously qualify one to be Pres.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 02:02 pm
I am sorry, BBB. I just saw it as an all encompassing position. The president has to be many things, commander in chief among them.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 02:04 pm
There is no requirement that the president/commander in chief not be a moron, but we seem to get them anyway.
0 Replies

rodeman

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 02:05 pm
Let me see....................
Rhodes Scholar
State Attorney General
Govenor of Arkansas

Sturgis, sounds to me like a history of achievement, leadership, and responsibility.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 02:29 pm
Sturgis
Sturgis wrote:
And if you wish to drag it into Commander In Chief, we will then have to change the Presidency to only include men and women with military records.

What is it that you don't understand that it is Mike Wallace's question, not mine?

BBB
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 02:42 pm
A simple answer would be "I was elected to be commander-in-chief by the citizens of the United States of America. I don't feel any amount of education, experience, training could fully prepare any single person to be commander-in-chief and therefore I will rely on the combined experience, education and training of my cabinent, the joint-chiefs-of-staff, the Pentagon and other agencies within the US government to help me in making the tough decisions necessary to fulfill the position and to carry out my duties as dictated by the constitution of the US."
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 03:52 pm
McGentrix
McGentrix, that would be all well and good if Bush were not the CIC. It's been widely revealed that most of the time Bush doesn't listen to anyone except his small cabal who agree with him and don't challenge him.

This trait is his dangerous personality and intellectual flaw.

BBB
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 04:48 pm
Sturgis wrote:
And what training did Clinton have?

Somewhere, sometime, someone is going to come up with a version of Godwin's Law that relates to the reflexive response of the Bushistas and their supporters who, when confronted with a question concerning Bush, Cheney and the rest, immediately scream "Waddabout Clinton?" without even bothering to respond to the question.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 07:26 pm
Re: Sturgis
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Sturgis wrote:

What is it that you don't understand that it is Mike Wallace's question, not mine?

BBB

You made it yours when you decided to place it here.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 07:29 pm
rodeman wrote:
Let me see....................
Rhodes Scholar
State Attorney General
Govenor of Arkansas

Sturgis, sounds to me like a history of achievement, leadership, and responsibility.

I did not say that Clinton had no background with regard to these matters, I was stating that Bush also had qualifications. If one were to take the two and set their records prior to becoming President side by side, there would be an equal balance. You of course as a moan and groan liberal lover will never face up to that.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 10:35 pm
GWTW = Gone With The Wind

GWB = Gone With Bush, Blood, Bombs, Boondoggle, Bull ...
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 06:39 am
And as always the moronic imbecilic left (the Clinton lovers) fail to see their own stupidity and failures. Now why is that?
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 07:01 am
Sturgis wrote:
And as always the moronic imbecilic left (the Clinton lovers) fail to see their own stupidity and failures. Now why is that?

Who you callin' a Clinton lover?? You Bushista you.

Silly isn't it Very Happy
0 Replies