what would you, as a woman recommend?

Leggsly

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 04:56 am
Hey everyone (well, preferably the women)
I have this dilemma that I'm trying to solve and I'd really appreciate it if I could talk to some women who maybe have experienced a similar situation.
The thing is, I do't really want a male intervention (sorry guys, nothing personal, it's just I feel a woman would relate better) and I don't know how to go about getting appropriate advice.
Do any of you ladies have any ideas? Any sites you know of for women only? Any place where I can talk to a woman annonymously or something?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 815 • Replies: 15
No top replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 05:14 am
Did you google "women's forums" or something like that? Try it.
0 Replies

Leggsly

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 06:01 am
I did, but the thing is, most of the forums are with men as well. and I don't mean to sound crappy or snooty but I just want to find some females that can relate, it'll be easier that way
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 06:02 am
Tried women only forums?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 08:31 am
Have you tried specifically searching for what you want to talk about? If it's something like pregnancy, then there are sites with very few men who visit, let alone post. No
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 08:34 am
In a pinch, you can posit your question right here, and request that you are looking for feedback from females. We have a lot of good advice giving women on this site!

Take a look at some of the "Relationships and Marriage" threads, and you will see what I mean.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 10:31 am
This forum below has a place called "the Ladies Room", you will have to join the forum in order to be able to see it on the home page and then PM the mods to request access.

http://www.countryconceptsllc.com/forum/
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 07:20 pm
I have found some of the feedback from women here to be totally against the grain of what they would say if "menfolk weren't around." So I understand your concern. A lot of women seem to put on airs here and develop a personnae that they think is attractive. to men. Sometimes I wonder if the women who really work it are even women. It is very likely that at least one or two of them are pretenders.

Even lesbian forums have guys infiltrating pretending to be woman. Too bad the PM is restricted here that is the best way to have a woman to woman conversation.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 07:30 pm
Post under Original Poetry. They'll never find us there.

Sarah
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 09:06 pm
HAHAHAHA!!!!

Good one, roger!

Seriously...I haven't found the women on this site to be pretenders at all. (Where'd THAT come from?!) Except now I will admit I'm looking at twin_peaks_nikki a little differently.

So...what's the problem, Leggsly? You'll get lots of good female feedback here. Just ignore the rest.
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 09:34 pm
roger wrote:
Post under Original Poetry. They'll never find us there.

Sarah
Smile
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 09:43 pm
Eva wrote:
HAHAHAHA!!!!

Good one, roger!

Seriously...I haven't found the women on this site to be pretenders at all. (Where'd THAT come from?!) Except now I will admit I'm looking at twin_peaks_nikki a little differently.

So...what's the problem, Leggsly? You'll get lots of good female feedback here. Just ignore the rest.

I am a lot more intuitive than most people. of course, I could be wrong. If you are saying that of all the people who have posted here, none are pretending to be "something" she or he is not, I know you are mistaken.

Perhaps, you are right about "the lifers." It is hard to maintain a character over a long time. But I can guarantee that I could log on under a new name, create a character and you would never know it is me.

Anyway, look at me anyway you like. My big problem is that I just say what comes to mind, that and the fact that I am certifiable.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 12:39 am
I feel sure you are correct that some may be pretending to be something they aren't. That happens in all groups.

You don't have to create a new identity here to prove a point, though. I believe you.

And I hope you believe me when I say that a good many of us here are fairly transparent. Read my profile. It's all there.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 12:52 am
What would I as a woman recommend re what?

We are fairly forthright women on this website, over a day or two or three. There are some men who pipe up with wisdom from time to time, sometimes in odd forms. We're pretty open here.

If indeed you want to speak of various medical matters, just go to that forum...
0 Replies

Leggsly

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 02:21 am
Hi, I'm sorry... I kind of just ditched everyone and didn't even respond to what you offered.
I do appreciate your suggestions, and I've taken them into account.
I guess for me, at present what I'm facing is something that my friends who know me wouldn't be able to give me objective advice and I want to make a decision that isn't ruled by a biased opinion. Anyway, thanks for the support
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 07:56 am
Leggsly, did you try googling for a forum based on your specific need?
0 Replies