"Dating" someone versus "Seeing" someone

mp4

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 07:55 am
I met this girl about a month ago, we've hung out a few times, had several dates had a great time, conversation etc... but it never ended in a goodnight kiss, etc. I was beginning to get confused because she definitely seemed to like me and wanted to keep seeing me. Then, last night, we had dinner and actually spoke about it. She said that she didn't want to leave me hanging any more... she explained that her previous 2 relationships were just that -- relationships (2 year and 4 year) -- and that is what she is used to, not casual dating with someone she doesn't know really. She said that she started out as friends with these women (we're gay, by the way) and then it evolved into a relationship. I strongly get the impression she is attracted to me and she said she definitely wants to keep hanging out with me but wouldn't consider what we are doing as "dating." She even said she thought of a few activities we could do together, and we made potential plans to go to wine bars, concerts, etc...

So I have a few questions:

1. Is this considered "seeing someone?"
2. How long do I have to wait before I can finally kiss her? It's funny. I do feel the same way - I would much rather eventually date someone who I know I like and know well. However, I haven't been in a serious relationship and really want to get to that stage. I feel so impatient so maybe I need to just relax and go with the flow of it?

thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,006 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Montana

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 08:02 am
I think you it's a great idea to just relax and go with the flow until you are both ready to take it to other levels.
If you enjoy eachothers company and spend a lot of time together, I say keep going with that until you are both comfortable enough with eachother to take things further.

My best to you both :-)
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 10:18 am
Lesbian dating is really tricky. I have a close relationship with a woman who considers herself straight.

When we met, after spending an hour and a half talking, I "asked her out" she told me she would love to be with me but not sexually because she is not a lesbian, so that was fine with me not having much of sex drive anyway...but I did want intimacy and I was worried there wouldn't be any affection between us.

Turns out, she is very affectionate, anyone who sees us together would assume we are lovers. We are lovers beause we are in love, just not sexual love.

I am new to "lesbian dating." All I have learned so far is that woman to woman relationships are far more complex than man/woman relationships.

I am not really qualified to give advice in your situation but my gut feeling is for you to go with the flow.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 08:48 pm
Yup, just go with the flow. Don't allow your impatience show.
She has given you a lot of good information early. Listen to her.

When you can kiss her is when the time is right; no one can tell you that. However, if I knew what you know about someone I was interested in, I would take it calm and easy. Don't rush. Let it happen naturally.

Good luck and enjoy! Razz
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 09:09 pm
I agree with everyone. Take it slow, and when the moment is right you will know. Plus it will feel even better after long anticipation. Nikki is so right, lesbian dating IS crazy.....
0 Replies

Foxy1983

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 07:17 am
^^ Agree.

When the moment is right, do whatever you both feel. You'll be able to guage the reaction, and take it from there. Enjoy yourself and each other!
0 Replies

mp4

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 10:21 am
So everytime I try to make plans with this woman, it never happens. I haven't seen her since the night I last posted.

I am confused because we get along SO well and have such a wonderful time talking and being together - she does seem attracted and interested... why is she never available?

help.
0 Replies