Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 09:46 pm
http://www.tothepointnews.com/content/view/2022/2/

Can Democrats Celebrate Thanksgiving?
To the point news ^ | 24 November 2005 | Dr. Jack Wheeler

The short answer is: No, they can't - not this year. They can't emotionally afford it. BDS - Bush Derangement Syndrome - requires them to overcook their turkey, serve it with sugarless cranberries to match their bitterness, and wash it down not with a good chardonnay but with bile.

Their propaganda machine known collectively as the MSM - mainstream media - should be re-nicknamed the BNM: the Bad News Media. The Democrats must refuse to acknowledge and the BNM must refuse to report anything good about America whatsoever.

Failure on their part to do so might cause dangerously blasphemous thoughts to occur to the American public, like we are not losing the War on Moslem Terrorism, we are not losing the War in Iraq, President Bush is an honest and decent man whose moral character infinitely exceeds theirs ( and most especially his Democrat predecessor and opponents in 2000 and 2004), the American economy is doing spectacularly well, the sky is not falling nor the oceans rising due to global warming, that America has so much to celebrate on this Thanksgiving Day.

The Dems and Libs will on this day mouth pious platitudes about our "blessings," making sure to riddle them with let's-not-forget buts: "Thank you, O (substitute whatever they put in place of God) for America's blessings but let's not forget the victims of Katrina and the homeless and the starving Banglesdeshis and every ailment on the planet because they are all America's and George Bush's fault."

Democrats cannot truly celebrate Thanksgiving because they no longer have the capacity to celebrate being American. This is not hyperbolic. It is a tragic truth.

The purpose of Thanksgiving is to be thankful for being American. Thankful with no buts. This is the day to celebrate the goodness of our country - the moral goodness, the moral decency of American institutions, American history, and the character of the American people.

No whining and moaning about what happened to the Indians, or about slavery and poverty and racism. No buts. Complain tomorrow. Not today. Think that Democrats can do this? Let's see. Ask any you might know to agree that:

*America is the least racist nation on earth (to disagree, another country must be named and knowledgeably described with less racial turmoil and animosity).

*Americans are the most charitable and generous people on our planet; no other people or country comes remotely close.

* America has more religious freedom than any other nation.

* American capitalism has created more wealth for more people than any economy in the world history.

* American soldiers have brought more freedom to more people throughout the world than those of any country in world history.

* Western Civilization, of which America is the penultimate example, has brought incalculable benefits to mankind, compared to which its blemishes seem negligible.

* I love being American. I am proud to be an American with no shame, embarrassment, or apology.

* I want us to win in Iraq. I want our American soldiers to score a decisive victory in Iraq against Jihadi terrorism, even if it means that George Bush will get the credit. What benefits my country and its security is always more important than what benefits my political party.

The number of Democrats in the Senate who could agree to these statements you could count on one hand - such as Joe Lieberman. The number of Democrats in the House, not many more - like Colin Peterson. Howard Dean, the Chairman of the Democrat Party, would choke and gag on them.

We are not talking about the Loony Left here, the professional America-haters, the Cindy Sheehans. Thanksgiving for them is a day to curse their country, not praise it. We're talking about the Democrat Establishment, the folks who run one of the two major political parties in the country, who plan to seize the Hill in 2006 and the White House in 2008.

So while you're busy in the kitchen today, peeling potatoes and turnips, preparing for the feast, reflect on the wisdom of the ancient Greeks who were fond of observing, "He whom the gods wish to destroy, they first make mad." The Democrats have gone stark raving nuts with BDS, and that will lead them to their doom.

Literally - because doom and defeatism do not win elections. In most any political contest, the candidate perceived by the voters to be more optimistic wins. Voters may be temporarily persuaded by the BNM's unrelenting pessimism and the Democrats' unrelenting lies to be in a sour mood. There's no way that's going to prevail a year from now in the November 2006 elections.

Sooner than later it's going to sink into voters' brains that the Democrats are rooting for the other side, that they want America to lose in Iraq so they can win elections, that they are the party of defeatism instead of patriotism.

It's not that Pollyanna will triumph over the Dark Side, but that the antidote to The Big Lie technique practiced by the Dems is too easy and obvious. It's called The Big Truth.

The Big Lie as taught by Hitler works through unceasing repetition using loud megaphones. The BNM's megaphone is loud, but so is the White House's. The message is simple: the Democrats distort the truth, the President tells the truth. The message is easy because the truth is in fact on our side.

The truth is that we are winning in Iraq, not losing. The (non-conservative) Brookings Institute now reports that per capita income in Iraq has doubled since 2003, that there are five times more cars on the streets than in Saddam's day, five times more telephone subscribers, 32 times more Internet users, that the Iraqi economy is expected to grow 16.8% in 2006. Where there was complete suppression of the press under Saddam, there are now 44 TV stations, 72 radio stations, and over 100 newspapers.

As an indication of the increasing success of the Iraqi Army ( and its American training), the most dangerous road in Iraq used to be the one between Baghdad International Airport and downtown. Now it's the safest, secured by Iraqi Army units.

Examples could be multiplied - see Allah's Waiting Room from last week - which all serve to highlight that the more we are winning in Iraq, the more desperate the Democrats become in claiming we are losing.

This is why they dragged out "Cut and Run John" Murtha last week to provide cover for their treason. Murtha was physically courageous in his youth as a Marine in Vietnam, but is such a moral eunuch in Congress he called for retreat of the Marines in Somalia in 1993. It was easy for them to con Cut and Run to be their point man on calling for surrender to the terrorists now.

Duncan Hunter's successfully calling Cut and Run's bluff in Congress is the canary singing in the Democrat's coal mine. Congressional Republicans are going to return from Thanksgiving break determined not to put up with treasonous defeatism any longer.

What Bush and Cheney need to do is not just back them up once or twice but endlessly, repeatedly - endless repetition of the Big Truth is the key to overcoming the Big Lie. This is what you are going to see in the coming weeks and months.

Americans have so impossibly much to celebrate on this Thanksgiving. The flaws don't matter on this day. America is the noblest nation in the history of humanity. We are members of history's greatest civilization at its prime.

Take the time to savor your presence in history, the incredible blessing Providence has bestowed upon you in being an American, on this day. Drain the goblet of gratitude while the Democrats quaff their cup of bitterness. Gratitude to Providence for the existence of America, gratitude for the privilege of being American. There is no greater privilege, there is nothing more to be thankful for, on this Thanksgiving Day.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,045 • Replies: 11
No top replies

goodfielder

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 04:03 am
Dems are going to win. They don't mind a bit of delayed gratification Very Happy

I love sourpuss pieces like this, it tells me the Republicans are crapping themselves. Razz
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 04:07 am
It's an amazing piece of appalling ****, no?

"Take the time to savor your presence in history, the incredible blessing Providence has bestowed upon you in being an American, on this day. Drain the goblet of gratitude while the Democrats quaff their cup of bitterness. Gratitude to Providence for the existence of America, gratitude for the privilege of being American. There is no greater privilege, there is nothing more to be thankful for, on this Thanksgiving Day."

People, since Nazi germany, BELIEVE this crap?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 07:00 am
quit pissing in my stuffing gungasnake, or no slice of pie for you. who invited this sour old man to dinner anyway?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 07:52 am
Re: Can Democrats Celebrate??
gungasnake wrote:
Can Democrats Celebrate Thanksgiving?

The short answer is: No, they can't - not this year. They can't emotionally afford it. BDS - Bush Derangement Syndrome - requires them to overcook their turkey, serve it with sugarless cranberries to match their bitterness, and wash it down not with a good chardonnay but with bile.

Their propaganda machine known collectively as the MSM - mainstream media - should be re-nicknamed the BNM: the Bad News Media. The Democrats must refuse to acknowledge and the BNM must refuse to report anything good about America whatsoever.

... President Bush is an honest and decent man...

The Dems and Libs will on this day mouth pious platitudes about our "blessings," making sure to riddle them with let's-not-forget buts: "Thank you, O (substitute whatever they put in place of God) for America's blessings but let's not forget the victims of Katrina and the homeless and the starving Banglesdeshis and every ailment on the planet because they are all America's and George Bush's fault."

Democrats cannot truly celebrate Thanksgiving because they no longer have the capacity to celebrate being American. This is not hyperbolic. It is a tragic truth.

...reflect on the wisdom of the ancient Greeks who were fond of observing, "He whom the gods wish to destroy, they first make mad." The Democrats have gone stark raving nuts with BDS, and that will lead them to their doom.

Literally - because doom and defeatism do not win elections. In most any political contest, the candidate perceived by the voters to be more optimistic wins. Voters may be temporarily persuaded by the BNM's unrelenting pessimism and the Democrats' unrelenting lies to be in a sour mood. There's no way that's going to prevail a year from now in the November 2006 elections.

Americans have so impossibly much to celebrate on this Thanksgiving. The flaws don't matter on this day...

So true, so sadly true...perhaps someone can explain the sour dour attitudes of so many (I said many, not all) Democrats and alleged liberal thinkers.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 09:12 am
Sturgis wrote:

So true, so sadly true...perhaps someone can explain the sour dour attitudes of so many (I said many, not all) Democrats and alleged liberal thinkers.

One of the things the de-moker-rats are bitter over is the loss of their former near monopoly on information sources. Twelve years ago Dan Rather would have simply gotten away with the stunt he tried to pull and John the f-ing Gigolo Kerry would be standing there in his pink tutu with his trouffle pig on a leash as president of the United States. Scary thought, isn't it?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 09:20 am
gungasnake wrote:
One of the things the de-moker-rats are bitter over is the loss of their former near monopoly on information sources. Twelve years ago Dan Rather would have simply gotten away with the stunt he tried to pull and John the f-ing Gigolo Kerry would be standing there in his pink tutu with his trouffle pig on a leash as president of the United States. Scary thought, isn't it?

Gungasnake...although I agree with your basic premise and ideas, I think for our own sake (no matter how much we detest certain Dems) it is best to use a civil tongue with them, and on this board. After all, why give them any ammunition to use against us later?

So what am I saying? Spell out Democrats even if there is a desire to substitute a 'p' in place of the 't'. Try not to refer to Kerry as a an f...ing gigolo...and I have a feeling that pink tutu image is going to come back and haunt us.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 09:24 am
Sturgis wrote:
gungasnake wrote:

Gungasnake...although I agree with your basic premise and ideas, I think for our own sake (no matter how much we detest certain Dems) it is best to use a civil tongue with them, and on this board. After all, why give them any ammunition to use against us later?

So what am I saying? Spell out Democrats even if there is a desire to substitute a 'p' in place of the 't'. Try not to refer to Kerry as a an f...ing gigolo...and I have a feeling that pink tutu image is going to come back and haunt us.

It already has.
I really didnt need that mental image of Kerry in a tutu.
That just ruined my breakfast.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 09:37 am
Well I see the writing/thinking skills have improved among the furtherest right. Possibly we now have evidence that Bushs' leave no child behind program is having a positive result. Good on you gunga, you're an inspiration to those seeking an eight grade education.
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 10:13 am
mysteryman wrote:
Sturgis wrote:
gungasnake wrote:

It already has.
I really didnt need that mental image of Kerry in a tutu.
That just ruined my breakfast.

Hey I feel your pain. Your avatar does the same thing to me.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 12:19 pm
gungasnake wrote:
Sturgis wrote:

I don't think saying "de-moker-rats" has any place in our discussions... It doesn't help anything and makes me want to avoid reading the rest of your words.

However, "Gigolo Kerry would be standing there in his pink tutu with his trouffle pig on a leash" is quite funny.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 02:09 pm
Quote:
>I don't think saying "de-moker-rats" has any place in our discussions...

I view the dem party as essentially a criminal enterprise. I mean, it's basically a bunch of would-be monarchists on a pure power trip at this point, i.e. a bunch of people who feel they have some God-given right to rule and that it doesn't matter what they have to do to achieve that or how much damage they have to do to the country to achieve that. You ask yourself what would have happened in 1942 if republicans had conducted themselves the way democrats are conducting themselves now and the answer is pretty obvious; the republican party would have been outlawed and banned and its leaders rounded up and executed. So long as that apparently ISN'T going to happen, I don't really see the harm in referring to them as demokkkrats or de-moker-rats. Most people on conservative forums like FR or LP simply refer to them as 'rats'.

Consider also the nature of the present conflict and the nature of the last demokkkrat war, i.e. Kosovo.

This war was brought to us by rogue regimes and outlaw terrorist organizations in the form of unprovoked surprise attacks which levelled lower Manhatten and poisoned the US senate office building and a major postal facility with anthrax, and it was primarily a consequence of our having largely ignored a series of increasingly severe terrorist attacks under the previous demokkkrat administration. The major objective of the war has been to take down the two states most clearly involved in the attacks and replace them with democratic and responsible governments which could serve as an example in the middle east region which previously lacked any such example other than Israel, i.e. which lacked any example of a modern democratic state primarily populated by Muslims.

Kosovo on the other hand was absolutely unnecessary. No attack against America or any of our allies or any of our interests had taken place and none was threatened. In real life, as opposed to the fictional world of the KKKlinton spin machine, nothing even remotely resembling ethnic cleansing or genocide was happening in Kosovo. There were a sort of a baker's half dozen realpolitik type reasons for doing Kosovo which did not add up to a credible case and the Pentagon advised against it. Slick nonetheless thought it necessary to get Chinagate and the Juanita Broaddrick rape allegation off the front pages and went ahead with it. American and NATO forces basically bombed an innocent country into the stone age for the benefit of a bunch of narco-terrorists and barbarians and a political organization (KLA) which is basically a branch of AlQuaeda.

The Kosovo operation was conducted entirely from the air since NATO commanders knew they could not ask fighting men to risk injury or death for so base a cause. After the first month during which NATO commanders learned that they could not harm the Serbian military from 30,000 feet, the conduct of the war amounted to an increasingly eggregious series of war crimes and attacks against the Yugoslav people and their civilian infrastructure, all of which is illegal under Geneva conventions.

In the present conflict, Americans have gone into harms way and accepted the risk and it has been possible to ask this of our forces because the cause is basically just and noble.
Only regime targets and terrorists have been targetted and the terrorists and AlQuaeda forces have been largely imported from neighboring regimes which know that the handwriting is on the wall for themselves if the experiment in democracy in Iraq succeeds.

Like I say, given the circumstances and given the history of the recent past, I don't see an explanation for the behavior of the demokkkrats which makes me want to view them as anything other than criminals.
0 Replies