I need your help for attracting a girl

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 04:41 pm
Hi, you guys
First of all, thank you for viewing this post.
I'm from China, and now I'm studying in UK.
I think I like a western girl now, but because of the culture difference, I'm not sure how can I attract her.
I really need your help!
I even do not know what are people always talking in western countries when they're dating.
Could you help me with these kinds of things?
Thank you in advance!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,590 • Replies: 21
No top replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 06:01 pm
Not knowing the girl I can't even give you meaningful advice but I'd suggest that if you have to pretend to be someone else then there isn't much future in it.

You could try asking her about herself and her interests - though the way you do that would be coloured by how well acquainted you are with her.

i.e. if she has never met you and you start asking if she's into stamp collecting would freak her out a lot more than if you are already good friends.
0 Replies

upstudio

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 06:43 am
Thanks a lot.
Maybe I should ask her out for coffee at first, talk to her for a while.
Thanks for you advice again:)
0 Replies

Tenoch

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 11:36 am
act like a real prick and she'll love you.
0 Replies

skinnypuppy

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 11:52 pm
Tenoch wrote:
act like a real prick and she'll love you.

its actually true
0 Replies

upstudio

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 06:58 am
thank all you guys:)
0 Replies

upstudio

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 07:07 am
"prick" means active and keep on trying, right?
because I have some problem with understanding the word as a noun, could you help me and give some further explanation?

thanks a lot
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 07:14 am
upstudio wrote:
Thanks a lot.
Maybe I should ask her out for coffee at first, talk to her for a while.
Thanks for you advice again:)

Just ack like yourself. Taking her for coffee is a great idea. You see, you know what to do. Prick is bad!

http://d21c.com/AnnesPlace/Xmas1/Sc1.gif
0 Replies

upstudio

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 04:47 am
Thanks, AE:)
It's three days since I saw her last time.
I do not even know her name. . .
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 04:56 am
Geezzzzzzz, I meant act!

Start by saying hello, and how nice of her to have coffee with you. Then you tell her your name, and she will tell you hers. Tell her a little about yourself, and wait until she wants to share anything about herself. Talk about school etc...
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 08:14 am
Carry on a polite conversation with her and then casually lick your eyebrows.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 08:18 am
Haven't read any part of this thread except the headline and Gus's comment. But my only comment is that if you "need help" in attracting a girl -- any girl -- you will never succeed in attracting her.
0 Replies

upstudio

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 09:10 am
thank you:)

and to MA
Actually, I have a plan, but I do not know whether it could work out in western world as people act quite differtent from our culture.
Thanks anyway.
From your comment we can find out culture difference as well, cz in our culture it's normal to ask for help from the local people.
So, u see why I post this thread, I want to give her a good impression and I hope not to do anything wrong.
0 Replies

lindatw

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 02:27 pm
Upstudio: Have a casual conversation with the girl first,and then ask her to have coffee with you. It makes any girl feel good when a man says"tell me about yourself". Then you tell her about yourself. Discuss the things you two have in common,then branch out to other subject matter.
Keep it casual for a while,'til you both decide if you want to have a
serious relationship. Good Luck !!
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 08:42 pm
upstudio,
I agree it is good to ask about her interests and allow her to talk about herself.

Just as a note: Cultural differences can be an interesting source of conversation when getting to know someone. It can be a lot of fun learning and discovering the similiarities and differences. Don't be afraid to be yourself.

A solid friendship is the best place to start. Find out her name! Smile Ask about her. Find ways to spend time having fun with her.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 09:25 pm
What I have found during my life to be the most effective is to simply make friends with the girl, and to be nice, polite, and sincere. The idea that if you treat them badly they'll like it is a myth. The most common mistake, although it works in movies, is to skip over steps. That is to move several steps ahead in familiarity all at once. Most often, asking someone out who you've only spoken to for a total of five minutes doesn't work. Guys who do what I have suggested are generally 10 times as successful as guys who try to be cool.
0 Replies

upstudio

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 01:05 pm
thank you guys, good suggestions
I will tell you the story later:)
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 01:29 pm
< opens window, sticks head out>

.......AND DON'T FORGET TO TAKE A PACKET OF.......Bugger, he's gone!

Oh well.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 01:36 pm
Remember to just say you are gay but thinkiing about converting...she gives you strange urges...
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 02:04 pm
Actually yeah, that's good sturgis.

wow, I am SO sexy I can turn a gay man straight!

If a girl tried that with a guy she was interested in, he try to get her in bed with his girlfriend.
0 Replies