The language of....shuddup!

Diane

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 12:33 pm
Slappy, your mention of the high voice coupled with a strong southern accent is usually what I find irritating. The tone of voice is all as far as I'm concerned. Any dialect can be beautiful if the voice isn't objectionable.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 12:33 pm
Well, I speak with an accent myself, but haven't
gotten any negative comments so far.

I love listening to an Indian accent - it's just too funny.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 12:34 pm
ok, i'll second that. but that's not a language. especially the high pitchededness combine with affected gesticulation and eyerolling.... bleeachk.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 12:35 pm
indian and pakistani accent rulez! unfortunately once you're in india, you stop noticing. i even picked up the head-bobbing after a week or two..
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 12:53 pm
Fran Drescher

I'll say no more.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 12:55 pm
Diane wrote:
Slappy, your mention of the high voice coupled with a strong southern accent is usually what I find irritating. The tone of voice is all as far as I'm concerned. Any dialect can be beautiful if the voice isn't objectionable.

Except Vietnamese.
0 Replies

antifreeze

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 08:48 am
swahili sounds awfully unsexy ... french slang sounds awfully COOL ... dutch sounds like farmers language ... german iz hard doesn't sound nice ... english sounds a bit silly - x cept American slang is nice too, luuuuv jamaican and Japanese it's cute ...
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 08:56 am
I think Chinese is damn annoying. It sounds like the person speaking it is either yelling or about to throw up.

But if the voice is grating, it really doesn't matter what language the person is speaking. I was sitting in the park last summer and I heard a girl speaking Italian on a cellphone--what a f*cking annoyingly loud, aggravating voice she had. I couldn't believe that such a beautiful language could sound so bad.
0 Replies