this one's for the boys

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 03:07 am
hey all...
with nothing better to do, i spend a lot of time pondering about my ex-exboyfriend and some things about him that i shouldn't know, but do. and i have all these questions, that as a girl i just can't answer. so i'm hoping you all can help me out.
as a 24 year old male in a serious relationship is it normal for him to check out other girls? be sexually attracted to girls other than his girlfriend? i realize that the simple answer is yes, but do guys outgrow this? should i be worried? is it something that every girl should accept as a given or does it mean that he is not satisfied?
my other question is a long story but to make it short... is there anything wrong with chatting/meeting/having intentions to meet girls on a local dating website while being in a serious relationship. he tells me that it's just the internet and he's just doing what people do, get to know each other. But his profile always labels him as single and he never tells the girls online that he has a girlfriend! do all guys do this kind of thing?
should i be worried or am i just thinking too much?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 741 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 06:24 am
There is certainly nothing unusual or wrong about being attracted to members of the opposite sex who have pleasant features or personalities. There is nothing wrong with flirting or joking with them, and there is no good reason to assume that this means the person who is attracted and doing the flirting is not satisfied. Women do this as well as men. It is only a problem if one is cold to the person who ostensibly one's love interest, it is only wrong if one acts on the flirtation to attempt a sexual liaison.

As for chatting online and not acknowledging that one is in a relationship, i think that is basically dishonest, but once again, as with flirting, the test is whether or not one intends to act on it. No, not all guys do that sort of thing, and you alone can judge the extent of this joker's obsession with his "online girlfriends."
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 07:46 am
I think if you don't find other people attractive (if you are a guy or a girl) you must be dead.

Like Set said, the difference is acting on it.

I do think he was a real shyt for not acknowledging you as his girlfriend. That tells me he wanted to hide your realtionship and something funny was going on. The online lying part is the part I don't trust.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 08:06 am
Sex sells everything. In the retail park, in social locals & on the inernet. If your boyfriend didn't notice the tease that's going down he'd be brain dead. Just remind him, look but don't touch.

don't girls look at men who cross their path ?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 08:14 am
If he isn't at least looking at women, check for a pulse.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 08:28 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
If he isn't at least looking at women, check for a pulse.

Second that.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 09:37 am
Yeah, but the online dating thing sounds pretty shady to me.

Pretty shady.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 09:40 am
and if gargamel thinks it's shady, it must be sha- dy.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 09:56 am
I am with Gargamel here...I am pretty surprised that the rest of you seemed to downplay this.

Quote:
is there anything wrong with chatting/meeting/having intentions to meet girls on a local dating website while being in a serious relationship. he tells me that it's just the internet and he's just doing what people do, get to know each other. But his profile always labels him as single and he never tells the girls online that he has a girlfriend! do all guys do this kind of thing?

I say there is absolutely somethign wrong with this picture...maybe the other people disagree with me, but in my opinion this behavior indicates that he is not satisfied with you, that he considers you to be very temporary, and finally it indicates to me that this is the sort of problem that cannot be overcome, which will eventually end the relationship
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 10:03 am
Stuh, I said it too.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 10:07 am
Even if he's not out to hook up with other girls, whic he very well may not be, it sounds like he's more interested in his "market value" than whether it hurts your feelings, which is narcissistic as hell.
0 Replies