Did Bush Lie Us into War?

Sturgis

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 08:09 am
No, he was nowhere near as wise.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 02:14 am
Yeah, there were the flowers to be thrown a US troops on their arrival on Iraqi soil. This lovely scene helped many get on board the "GWB Iraqi freedom march of their oil".
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 10:06 am
“ He who permits himself to tell a lie once finds it much easier to do it a second and a third time till at length it becomes habitual"
~ Thomas Jefferson”
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 12:22 pm
Zippo wrote:
" He who permits himself to tell a lie once finds it much easier to do it a second and a third time till at length it becomes habitual"
~ Thomas Jefferson"

Well that explains Clinton.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 01:29 pm
0 Replies

Louise DK

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 02:47 pm
I don't think Bush lied. Is it lying when you don't know that it's untrue?

I just think he reacted upon reports of weapons supposed to be in Iraq and then those reports turned out to be false or, at best, incorrect.
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 02:59 pm
Louise_DK wrote:
I don't think Bush lied. Is it lying when you don't know that it's untrue?

I just think he reacted upon reports of weapons supposed to be in Iraq and then those reports turned out to be false or, at best, incorrect.

I have excellent information that reports the Island of Catalina has seceeded from the United States and now has Nucluar warheads ready to launch at Los Angeles. When do we attack??
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 03:18 pm
Oil had been discovered under Paris, France. When will troops be deployed off the coast of Normandy in a re-enactment of D-Day.
0 Replies

Stevepax

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 04:08 pm
Better not joke about that knowing how the rightwing feels about France. Have a "freedom fry" on me.

'
0 Replies

mark2112

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 01:33 am
Sturgis,

I read where you stated that Bush is going to be remembered as one of the 10 greatest presidents of all time.

You're joking right?

He will undoubtedly go down in history as the "all-time worst" president in the history of this country. He's even ruining teh reputation of his own Republican party. They spent the last 10 years marketing themselves to the masses and using every tool in the book to get votes and he's actually flushing that effort down the drain.

It almost feels like Bush is dragging this country down. If we're not careful he's going to cause a depression by 2008. The only thing keeping us from repeating the great depression is our new service economy which was greatly expanded by Clinton in the 90's.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 09:43 am
mark2112 wrote:
Sturgis,

I read where you stated that Bush is going to be remembered as one of the 10 greatest presidents of all time.

You're joking right?

He will undoubtedly go down in history as the "all-time worst" president in the history of this country. He's even ruining teh reputation of his own Republican party. They spent the last 10 years marketing themselves to the masses and using every tool in the book to get votes and he's actually flushing that effort down the drain.

It almost feels like Bush is dragging this country down. If we're not careful he's going to cause a depression by 2008. The only thing keeping us from repeating the great depression is our new service economy which was greatly expanded by Clinton in the 90's.

Rolling Eyes I second every thing you've said. This thread seemed to have died an unnatural death, so it seems. After seeing the tapes as to how many times, Herr Bush, has lied, I find nothing in him that speaks of Christianity! His propaganda is just another way of sugar coating the evil that lies within the White House. I hope all of the oil crooks, from Cheney, Rove, Libby, Rice, DeLay, Frist and the unnamed co-conspirtors, out to destroy this democracy, institute a police state, spying on US citizens, which are grounds for impeachment and illegal, The republicans who have finally come to their senses, the democrats who have awakened, the "stolen" illegal elections, the vilyfying of US citizens, trying to survive the most devastating disaster in this Nation's history, being treated like foreigners of another country, rather than the citizens they ARE! What a country, where class is what matters. Unless you are part of the moneyed few, expect no help from Bush and company. You are virtually, ON YOUR OWN, NO HELP IS COMING! FEMA, BROWNIE, CHERTOFF, should be abolished! The (White) RED CROSS, should be dismantled after hiring private security, giving little or NO help to minorities and an accounting of the Billion dollars donated. I am a Native New Orleanian, who wonders what country I'm living in? bush reminded us all that the constitution and the emancipation proclamation, DON'T MATTER! Black US Citizens can just go to h*ll, as far as he's concerned! My 2 cents! Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 09:54 am
You should ask for chnage for your 2 cents.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 09:59 am
Sturgis wrote:
Quote:
He told the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Whether you like it or not, President Bush tells the truth. Unlike his immediate predecessor (Bill Clinton), President Bush is not capable of telling a lie. It is not in him. It is not in his nature. President Bush is an honest and honorable man and the constant attacks upon him are mainly from those seeking to abolish the United States and the world through self centeredness and immorality among other things.

Years from now, if the mealy mouths don't succeed in demolishing the world, President Bush will be remembered as one of the 10 greatest Presidents this nation has ever had. We are privileged to be alive in this day and age with this good man helping to keep our nation and our planet together. We should appreciate this great blessing.

Sturgis you seem to have gotten your George's confused. This thread is not about George Washington. It's about the present occupant of the White House.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 09:25 pm
Correction: He told the truth, the whole truth and ANYTHING but the truth. The word change makes a world of difference.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 09:27 pm
teeny good to see you here.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 09:33 pm
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 02:17 pm
Noone ever claimed that Saddam was a nice man. However if we declare war on every despot in the world, some much worse than Saddam, we would have to increase our army by 100 and spend that much more of our wealth to achieve these aims. Are you advocating ridding the world of all despots or just trying to justify your hero in the white house.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 04:07 pm
Getting rid of the worlds despots should be a function of the nations of the UN. However, getting rid of the despot in the White House is the job of the American Electorate thru their vote in the 06 congressional elections.
0 Replies