What do think about learning other language?

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 01:52 am
I want to know about the advantages of learning language. Question
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 889 • Replies: 10
No top replies

macaroni

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 05:48 am
well, learning languages help you communicate with a wider number of people. You can communicate with people in different countries.
For me, it's amazing to learn a new language. I find it amazing that every language has a word for similar feelings. And it's weird becasue you can name a feeling anything. For example , happy - it's just happy, a word describing happiness in another language could be gagaga for what we know.
It's also very nice to tell people you know some other language, and they get all amazed.. hehe..
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 03:37 am
Id love to learn JApanese and Italian but my brain is too small and wont retain the information.
0 Replies

Mirage

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 05:56 am
I think it's very useful. If you know several languages, you can even, if nothing else better, live out of it. Also, if you visit a country which language you know, you will have full pleasure, because you'll be independent in a foreign country... A know my language, English, and I'm looking forward to learning German, and Spain.

What do you think ying-ying ? And where are you from ?
0 Replies

ying-ying

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 09:47 am
I'm from Thailand. So i have problem about English language. I want to develop English language, this is my hotmail [email protected] If you have a free time please chat with me. I'm glad
0 Replies

zenzer

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 04:13 am
Ying, the english language is a powerfull tool it can be use as a power to make friends, understand people better, their culture,the list go on and on but it can be also use diffrently otherwise: as a weapon of tool attacking a person esteem making them weak and vulnerable or even as a power tool of persuasion. It all depends on the user.

If you really want to master english: I think that practicing out with your friends, teachers, (or spouse if your married) occasionally. So chock dee and all the best in mastering english.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 04:16 am
Ying ying, your english sounds good to me.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 07:30 am
I've been thinking about learning Sanskrit or maybe Sumerian. Always good to have an extra language since it gives more of an ability to interact and communicate with people of the world.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 07:32 am
Stugris, no one communicates in Sanskrit these days, unless you are planning to make friends with the priests in India.....
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 07:33 am
They don't? Egads man what am I to do with all these books?
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 12:16 pm
Although, it is a brilliant and easiest language to learn.

I always wanted to read the two Indian epics in Sanskrit - alas the only subject I failed during my school days was Sanskrit - just could not get the hang of it....
0 Replies