When to let go?

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 05:52 pm
when do you say when in a marriage. When your spouse is a total butthole and is very disrespectful. And what is even worse is that their abusive. Confused
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 651 • Replies: 10
No top replies

stuh505

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 06:02 pm
Have you brought these issues to his attention? Is he willing to try to change his ways for you? If not, then the time to say when is now.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 03:39 am
He shouldnt be a butthole or disrespectful.Just leave him.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 08:04 am
When you commit to marraige you are not making a conditional agreement, you are making a real commitment...just because you are not happy with his behavior right now doesn't mean you should up and leave him, we don't know anything about your situation...we don't know how long this has been going on, we don't know what she considers being a butthole (leaving the toilet seat up?) and we don't know what she has done that may have instigated it.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 08:34 am
Very true and i agree with you, I must have posted when I was in a different mood.
But I was in a mood where i dont see the point in her being unhappy or struggling to be happy for the rest of her life.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 08:34 am
Instigated??? Shocked Evil or Very Mad There is absolutely NOTHING she could have done to deserve being "abused."

Commitments - Vows - ALL second.... to her safety and well being.

Homebody? Your husband does not respect you. Calling him a butthole is too kind a word to use on him. Get out of there. Tell him to get some help and there MIGHT be a chance for you two to work things out.

Otherwise....keep him kicked to the curb. He doesn't deserve you.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 08:35 am
You gotta be more specific. Abusive? As in he verbally abuses you or he hits you? If that's the case, get out while you can still walk out.

If you are saying he's a butthole because, as stuh said, he doesn't put the seat down, I have some other things to say.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 08:36 am
Hey JBB, nice you see your angelique face here again, where you been?
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 08:43 am
material girl wrote:
Hey JBB, nice you see your angelique face here again, where you been?

Ahhhhhh thanks Embarrassed

Where have I been? Well ... I've been closing the last door on my own history of abuse. I sold the "crime scene." And I bought a new home.......so that has kept me very busy!!

But I am so happy! Ready to finally move on with my life in every respect. And for the first time in , well, I can't remember when ~ I feel free. Just like a butterfly.

Spreading my wings and softly flying into the next chapter of my life...wherever that might lead me!

Thank you for asking. Hugggs!
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 08:53 pm
We don't know yet if there is actually any abuse going on, or if we are just hearing an angry attack on the spouse.

If you want advice, come back and give us some more info.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 08:57 pm
huh

I didn't even read the first post as necessarily being one by a woman.

Too little information to make any kind of real comment/suggestion.
0 Replies