What Can Bush Do to Save His Presidency?

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 04:09 am
Mr. Stillwater wrote:
Drawing on the examples of other great Republicans, he could go to theatre more frequently.

An Aussie utters the suggestion that so many Americans keep tucked under their tongue.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 05:02 am
Lash wrote:
GF--

Do you really believe that such a Herculean move--bringing the Cradle of Civilization forward a couple of hundred years into a gender-equitable society, among other things, --should be expected to be a clean, quick operation?

I think that belief is irrational, don't you?

Lash - Joe (He said it well) Nation has expressed what I was thinking.

The world needs the US to be well again. I'm not even going to get into the partisan politics. I do believe that the Bush Administration has been bad for the US and therefore for the world.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 05:21 am
I like to address the word 'hate' as it has been shot at those not firmly entrenched in the Bush camp since he arrived in Washington. I'm sure some people hate George Bush, but not as many and not as much as the accusers of hate imagine. Thinking someone is pathetic, untalented and undeserving of his office isn't hate, it's distaste and disgust, but not hate.

We do not wish him ill, we wish he would just go away, or lacking that, to stop being stupid. It's irritating. Everytime someone says 'Well, he only appears stupid, he really is very smart.', he only has to open his mouth to prove them wrong.

Now he has been revealed as not the paragon of honest virtue he was purported to be either. So stupid and dishonest, there it is, but saying that is not hateful, it's a clear judgement based on the man. The man who was going to restore character and integrity to the White House in the wake of his fully-and-deeply hated predecessor.

There is no doubt that Clinton was hated. That hate was worn as a badge of honor, still is, by many of his public detractors and tv pundits.

I believe the accusation of hate was first made because it is a difficult one to defend against given the object of discussion, and the fact that the accusers were themselves haters and assume that everyone else is also, but it is a false accusation and ought not to be used further unless the accused has been hateful.

Joe(lo, there is joy in my heart. How many days to go?)Nation
0 Replies

bluesgirl

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 11:53 am
Joe Nation wrote:
Quote:

As to what Bush should do. He should announce that he's done all he can. He's worked and worked and now he thinks it time for him and Dick to have a little time off. Announce they are going fishing or pheasant hunting and that Dennis Hastert will be running the country from now until the next election.

If I were a Republican, i would like to see him get Cheney to resign, replace him with MCCain, then resign himself. This would give MCCain two years to try to improve things. If he does well, he will be re-elected.

This would also be good for the country.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 05:47 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Mr. Stillwater wrote:
Drawing on the examples of other great Republicans, he could go to theatre more frequently.

An Aussie utters the suggestion that so many Americans keep tucked under their tongue.

of course it could be done the good old fashioned way. Pat Robertson would like that, don't you think?

http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/brian/blasphem.jpg
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2005 07:04 pm
goodfielder wrote:
Lash wrote:
GF--

Do you really believe that such a Herculean move--bringing the Cradle of Civilization forward a couple of hundred years into a gender-equitable society, among other things, --should be expected to be a clean, quick operation?

I think that belief is irrational, don't you?

Lash - Joe (He said it well) Nation has expressed what I was thinking.

The world needs the US to be well again. I'm not even going to get into the partisan politics. I do believe that the Bush Administration has been bad for the US and therefore for the world.

Joe's lawyerly dodge didn't answer the question. It is obviously irrational to believe the work done in Iraq should be done quickly. The Democrats--and others--have been standing around tapping their feet for months. They want Iraq to fail.

Not really addressing you with that GF.

Lash tone moniter: Pleasant. Very Happy
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2005 09:14 pm
I'm being less fiercely partisan and a bit more reflective now. I hope I'm not mellowing, that would take all the fun out of things Very Happy

On Iraq - time take a practical approach and try to fix it. I'm not even going into the blame thing now, that will be judged by the US electorate and opinions of others will be irrelevant. Iraq is like avian flu - if we don't all do our part it will give us much grief.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2005 09:26 pm
I agree re grief.

Getting tired of the repetitive drama, myself.

I always wind up feeling as long as the power players keep us bickering, they get away with murder.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2005 10:07 pm
The numbers keep going down for job approval (37%), up for war in Iraq "not worth it' (60%)

Quote:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2005-11-14-poll_x.htm
0 Replies