Serious news! Australia Invades United States of America!

Ethel2

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2002 05:34 pm
When I wanna relax, Setanta, I read psychoanalytic journals, if you really must know........

and patiodog, I've never told it with the straight man part. An analyst friend of mine told me the joke and he made it be a guy talking to his analyst. Funny joke....
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2002 05:35 pm
Notes overflowing tip jar -- "your tips look good today!"

Confused Still kinda weak...
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2002 05:39 pm
Could be told very quickly and effectively in the first person -- Vaudevillian-like.

I made a Freudian slip this morning. I wanted to ask my wife for the butter and said (and so forth).

Anywho, the bunny wants this to be a travelogue.

(Speaking of which...

Bear (to Rabbit): You got a problem with poop sticking to your fur?
Rabbit: No.
Bear wipes posterior with Rabbit.)
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 02:06 am

Setanta

Better make that Queensland and NORTHERN Territory Air Services.

Jeez - if they were subsidising the bunny, or me - we'd be over to sort you lot out in a flash - or, more likely - a Qantas 747-400!
Maybe we should invite Qantas to Deb's Aussie travel thread, and they could see how hard we've been working to find them some passengers!

Of course, all good Australians fly Qantas - one of the few airlines to stay in the sky and make a profit!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 06:39 am
Actually, Boss, Queensland and Northern Territory Aerial Services, Limited, founded 1920. For some reason, that New territories thingee sticks in my mind--probably because the territories north of New South Wales were long called the new territories in the 19th century . . .
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 06:41 am
Setanta - Qantas subsidising MOI?! (Ears quivering in indignation) (Looks disgusted) You must realize that here I am regarded as vermin.....VERMIN! I ask you -do I LOOK like vermin to you? No Australian company would EVER subsidize a rabbit, be she ever so sophisticated and charming...... (eyes mist up, seeks vainly in fetching little evening bag for hanky)

Patiodog - another joke like that and you have humped your last leg in here! (whiskers quivering in indignation, eyes flashing!)

Sadly, Margo - I must confess last time I flew JAL .....(blushes)
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 06:49 am
QUANTAS has the most amazing Air Stewards
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 06:51 am
Settle down, Gautam, you'll spook the bunny . . .
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 06:51 am
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......so I have heard....
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 06:54 am
Actually, compared to BA, *any* airline has better air stewards
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 06:55 am
Then again, maybe you and the bunny could get together on this topic, Guatam . . . Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 06:57 am
I dont believe in sharing my air stewards Twisted Evil
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 07:06 am
They can't ALL play for your team Gautam!

(thumps little hind feet on floor warningly)
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 10:13 am
I had a British Airways air steward try to come home with me flying into San Francisco one time. I'd no idea that getting up and loitering by the galley was a signal of availability. Anyway, I was hopelessly drunk on free cognac and had fallen madly in love with a young woman with clunky shoes I'd glimpsed in first class. Played for the other team as well, no doubt...

Hey, Thumper, where's flower?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 01:06 pm
Of course not all the stewards on Qantas play for Gautam's team. Some of them are female! I did meet one straight male Qantas steward once, at a party - he said he was always such a novelty on a flight, and he took full advantage of the situation!
Confused
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2002 03:53 am
I fly BA only (I love my airmiles a little too much I guess, and BA air stewarts are definately not worth picking up - they are british, the only stiff thing abt them is their upper lip) - the only time I flew Lufthansa, I ended up picking up the air stewart on that flight.. (after a nice meal, he came over, kneeled besides my seat and asked me "do u want anything else mr Jain") :wink: I just asked for his phone number (what were u thinking ? Tsk Tsk) Laughing To cut a long story short, those were the most fun week I spent in Franfurt..

Next time, I will fly Qantas - but they only seem to go to Oz from here Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2002 04:56 am
And that is a problem because...............?

LOL
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2002 05:15 am
...because I dont want to come to Oz....well...not yet !
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2002 06:14 am
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm............

well, Qantas goes to a lot of places FROM Oz......
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2002 07:03 am
Well, this thread has taken a definitely ozzian, thoroughly antipodean turn . . . but i digress . . .

Would that cunning coney provide accomodation for those willing to try her claims about the excellence of Digger Airlines?
0 Replies