Ahnold's "Propositions" -- Get's Slammed in the Groin

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 06:25 pm
Ahnold's "Planet California" is following his basic business plan -- bankruptcy. A lot of hooting and hollering, interior desecrating and just general blustering left him with none of his propositions passed. He seems better at propositioning women. What's next? Will he run for governator again? I seriously doubt it. After snubbing Bush on his attempt to campaign in the state, I think Lassie could run and win.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,411 • Replies: 23
No top replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 07:40 pm
So I get up early this morning and I turn on the radio and listen to Morning Edition on NPR while the coffee is perking. And what do I hear? Ahhnold couldn't get the people of California to vote in favor of even one of his propositions. Man, that made my day!!! I was dancing and whistling and thinking "all's right with the world" all day. Honestly, it couldn't happen to a more deserving person. The only reason this musclebound clown ever got elected was because people had momentarily lost touch with reality and were totally pissed off at Gray Davis. They seem to have now seen the error of their ways.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 08:34 pm
Nice to see you LW. Congrats on Arnold's disgrace.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 08:41 pm
Merry Andrew is Happy Andrew Very Happy

Excellent result!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 08:42 pm
He's sinking into the same mire as Dubya and had the audacity to chastize him for trying to upstage him. Although Laurel could sometimes upstage Hardy and vice versa, it didn't keep them from being a pair of clowns. Okay, I can laugh at that pair while I just groan at the always strange bedfellows known as Ahnold and Dubya.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 10:00 pm
Er, is there a simple source for what the hell his propositions were?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 06:25 am
deb

Try here
http://www.politicalgateway.com/main/columns/read.html?col=490
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 07:30 am
It's politics as usual. It doesn't matter what the propostitions were or whether they were good for the state, as long as anything related the a Republican fails, that makes dems happy.

2 of the propstions made a lot of sense and would have helped California. They are just shooting themselves in the foot as usual.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 08:44 am
Which two propositions made a lot of sense and this, I presume, means the other two didn't make a lot of sense? I didn't see any of them making any sense as reforms -- it was Ahnold trying to give the legislature a spanking and skew the state consitution in a power play.

Republicans don't need any help in failing.
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 09:32 am
Ahnold shot himself in the foot by forcing this special election and costing us a lot of wasted time and money.
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 09:34 am
McGentrix wrote:
It's politics as usual.

How very odd that an election would be political. LOL
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 10:21 am
How the liars won
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 10:23 am
Exactly -- he gambled and lost. But business, if that's the way Republicans believe the government should be run, isn't going to be run effciently by gambling. There's too much of that going on in government. It's beyond the calculated risk and just irresponsible speculation on what an action will result in. True, most of it is words with little action to support the political rhetoric. This isn't just true of the Republicans -- the Democrats have a lot to fess up to. Ahnold is now admitting he made poor decisions in not coming up with legislation buy negotiating with the liberal factions. Will we be seeing Warren Beatty as our next governor? It could happen.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 10:25 am
How the liars won
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 10:26 am
How the liars won
0 Replies

rodeman

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 11:12 am
No more propositions on the next ballot..........please

If the state legislature and govenor are not going to do their jobs.............What the hell are we paying them for??
0 Replies

rodeman

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 11:15 am
Can we have one more proposition on the next ballot...?

A proposition to outlaw propositions. If the state legislature and the govenor are not going to do their jobs.....

What the hell are we paying them for..?
0 Replies

rodeman

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 11:18 am
Can we just have a proposition to outlaw propositions..............??

If the govenor and the state lesislature are not going to do their jobs, what the hell are we paying them for??
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 12:23 pm
Arnold as governor has never made any sense. Now he says he looks forward to achieving a consensus with the Democrats on his initiatives. Why should they work with him?

He's got the balls to attack special interests, though he's in bed with plenty of 'em. What a hypocrite...
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 05:35 pm
rodeman wrote:
No more propositions on the next ballot..........please

If the state legislature and govenor are not going to do their jobs.............What the hell are we paying them for??

I second that. Too bad we don't have exit polling to see how many voted no on Ahnold's props because he voted no to marriage equality.
0 Replies