Starting a Novel...for the 5th Time

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 02:20 pm
Oooo, so harsh... ouch...bleeding slowly from the wound....

Just kidding.

It's just that the whole everyday crap still tires me out quite a bit. I am feeling 100% better than a month ago but I still have a hard time balancing my life. I know it will get better as I get better but I struggle right now.

No excuse. Just a reason. Like I said, I think I am going to make myself write. Now, for Noddy AND Sturgis. Very Happy
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 03:11 pm
I don't know what the hell Noddy just said but it sounds like something I tend to agree with. If it's worth putting on paper, you'll find the time and inclination to do it. Now, of course, I must live up to these words as well.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 03:58 pm
Theory is easy--I'm good at theory.

Practice is much harder.

Hold your dominions.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 04:58 pm
Holding.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 07:06 pm
Hold 'em, don't fold 'em...
0 Replies

smog

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 11:19 pm
Holding this thread for later, as inspiration while I try to compile a "manuscript" of sorts.
0 Replies

smog

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 11:20 pm
Also, Bella, I want an update on your progress!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 12:24 am
I always wanted to write a novel too, and have actually started a couple/few in my day. Since I don't seem to have the staying power to get a full novel done, I am interested and completely amazed by anyone who has that kind of discipline. Here's to you, Bella; good luck with it.

I also feel that keeping to a certain schedule would be helpful. I could never do it myself, but still, it does sound like the way to go. Let me know how it goes. I really am interested. I love hearing about writer-stuff.

Later, kid. Don't forget to write.
0 Replies

PoeticMisterE

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 07:14 pm
Farmerman: I was wondering if you and I could speak about Technical Writing. I am actually pursuing it. I was wondering if you could give me some pointers. Thank You!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 07:03 am
mister E.My tech writing is a means to convey my research , field work, or client reports. I sometimes write popular technical articles . Im not sure Im any kind of expert.
I follow the USGS style manual for geological reports. That manual contains rules for references, quoting etc.
Are you pursuing tech writing as your principal field? or as adjunct to a science or engineering?
The reason I ask is that technical writers for magazines and newspapers have to make their articles interesting and at a high school level. Tech writing for a journal admits right up fromnt that its being presented to a small audience who actually care about subject.
Some journal articles are so convoluted that they can be really funny. I think that I fit into this group.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 11:40 pm
Bella, are you still working on your novel?

I'm really pulling for you. We share a life goal; though I haven't tackled it seriously yet. Hoping people will keep posting here, sharing advice, and that I can watch your progress.

So, what's going on? Smile
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 08:01 am
Well, I guess I haven't tackled it seriously yet either as I have *sigh* not written now in a while.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 09:37 am
Bella Dea wrote:
Well, I guess I haven't tackled it seriously yet either as I have *sigh* not written now in a while.

Bella, I've actually managed to scrape together a short story and have found that it's doing marvels as far as rekindling my desire to write. If it's motivation you need, I bet we can scrounge some up for you. Very Happy
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 01:14 am
Bookmark
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 08:19 am
Ok, well my boss is out of town for the rest of the week so....I think I might just pick up my novel!

Aren't you all glad i didn't toss it to the trash?

I am going back right now to read it and make some margin notes.....
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 08:31 am
Good for you!
I haven't touched my manuscript in awhile.
Shame on me.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 09:08 am
I am revising the 18 pages I already have now. There are some things i needed to change before moving on and since I had to re-read it anyway, I thought I'd revise too.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 09:26 am
Reread, revise and jump start your creativity.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:02 am
Good luck getting back to the REAL work of writing!

I've finally hit the home stretch with my own book of short stories. Also known as the thesis for my MFA in Creative Writing which, barring sudden disaster, I will obtain this May! Finally.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:04 am
I am thinking perhaps I should write a few short stories first. To get me going.
0 Replies