Mentally healthy

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 05:21 am
What is the best way to stay mentally healthy and free of worry and anxiety in life?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 847 • Replies: 7
No top replies

material girl

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 05:24 am
Always keep your mind active by learning languages and being involved in community/youth projects.
Win the lottery and live off your winnings.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 06:50 am
No one can ever be completely free of anxiety and worry, but there are things that a person can do to keep it at a minimum.

Keep things in perspective. Learn to recognize what is important to your life, what isn't, and what really does not matter. Don't waste emotional energy.

Look for the bright side of any situation.

Keep your mind active, and keep on learning, whether formally and informally.

Develop networks of relationships. Don't bother with people with whom
you are unhappy, even if they are relatives.

Balance your life. Don't spend like there is no tomorrow. Enjoy yourself, but keep an eye on the future.

Keep fit, and exercise. Working up a good sweat is a very efficient anxiety reducer.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 06:53 am
No one can ever be completely free of anxiety and worry, but there are things that a person can do to keep it at a minimum.

Keep things in perspective. Learn to recognize what is important to your life, what isn't, and what really does not matter. Don't waste emotional energy.

Look for the bright side of any situation.

Keep your mind active, and keep on learning, whether formally and informally.

Develop networks of relationships. Don't bother with people with whom
you are unhappy, even if they are relatives.

Balance your life. Don't spend like there is no tomorrow. Enjoy yourself, but keep an eye on the future.

Keep fit, and exercise. Working up a good sweat is a very efficient anxiety reducer.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 07:10 am
Good stuff, Phoenix. Smile

Learn to accept that some anxiety and stress is a part of life. Don't pay it too much attention or it can become a never-ending cycle and habit. Take it from me. I used to worry that things would go right!

If you swamped mentally, ask for help and accept support. Trying to do everything yourself with no help from anyone is a real killer. We all need other people. Another hard lesson I learnt about mental health.

Give mental health a priority in your life just like physical health, finance, etc. It is important.

It's very difficult to enjoy any riches in life if you are mentally loopy. Razz
0 Replies

Jamesw84

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 04:40 am
Do you know if there are medicines to treat anxiety specifically? Like if im taking a really important exam or something I would like to make sure that Im not panicing before I even read the question and understand it properly you know? IT always happens, when im in the exam room theres always some questions I dont do because of my anxiety being too high. Moderate anxiety is good, but too much anxiety stuffs everything up doesnt it? Ive heard of some kind called Beta blockers, Im not sure how it works and if there are any aftereffects of taking them.
0 Replies

snehz

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 12:53 am
Hi Phoenix,

That was a real cool reply from you. I liked it and I will try to keep that in mind and act accordingly.

Even I have the tendency to over-think and take tension about things that are not that important. One should keep in mind the bigger picture and keep cool and try to be happy always. Metal health, I think, surely affects our physical health.

Lets try to keep calmn and be happy!
0 Replies

Jamesw84

Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 03:26 pm
Overthinking negatively about something is bad, if you keep doing it over and over you will be very very sad indeed.
0 Replies