Is this any way to treat a Duchess?

hamburger

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 06:57 pm
...is this all that's left of charles...?

http://www.deccanherald.com/deccanherald/jun32005/img/camilla.jpg
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 07:06 pm
Poor Surgeon General, now he won't get paid.

Didn't the Queen specifically say, that she only will pay
AFTER the deed is done?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 10:40 am
BBB
I wonder how much longer it will be before the British realize what an embarrassment the royal pricks are. Does anyone rally give a rat's ass what those leaches do, think, wear, birth? They should be forced to join the actor's union and get scale pay.

Better yet, why don't the Brits shut down their royal theater and toss the lot of them into the gutter?

BBB
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 03:14 pm
H\RRUMPH!

I'll have you know that these are my great grandfather's second cousins' aunties' in laws that you are talking about!
0 Replies

lindatw

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 03:32 pm
Ellpus: If it's any comfort to you,I say "hooray" for Charles and Camilla! Surprised They are the proof that
your royals can be human and relaxed.and not stiff and stodgy. Surprised
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 03:57 pm
Ha! Charles has become human and relaxed only in recent
times, since he can play "horsey" every night now, to be exact.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 03:58 pm
Charles is an Organic Gardener and I have a fellow feeling for any Organic Gardner. As for Camilla, I think she showed grace under pressure.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 06:03 pm
there was an interview shown recently in which charles spoke proudly of "his" organic gardening.
he was asked if an ordinary bloke would be able to afford his style of organic gardening ... there was a lot of "hrrmp... snort ... grunt" coming from charles. hbg
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 06:08 pm
Hamburger
hamburger wrote:
there was an interview shown recently in which charles spoke proudly of "his" organic gardening.
he was asked if an ordinary bloke would be able to afford his style of organic gardening ... there was a lot of "hrrmp... snort ... grunt" coming from charles. hbg

Especially since his royal hands never have to get dirty caring for the garden. The Prince is such a shallow man. It runs in the family. The weight of the crown on his head must turn his brain to mush.

BBB
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 06:33 pm
I haven't thought his interest in sustainable farming, organic gardening, and new town planning are all that shallow minded.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 06:56 pm
Charles isn't a heroic figure, but very few men are.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 07:01 pm
Very few men are truly pathetic figures, either, but Charles certainly qualifies in that category . . . American responses to "royalty" are disgusting . . .
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 07:05 pm
noddy wrote : "Charles isn't a heroic figure, but very few men are. ".

noddy, you sure know how to hit as poor men were it hurts, right in the ... ! please have mercy on us poor, misunderstood "human" beings. hbg
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 07:13 pm
I'm neither for or entirely against royalty, though if I had to pick, I'd say against - but the British having royalty is not my business. I managed, on purpose, to avoid meeting the man's father when he came with the department head to visit the small laboratory I ran years ago. It was a bubbling up of my irish hostility at the time.

On the son, I've read negatives on him from perhaps you, setanta, or perhaps steve, that made sense to me, but I don't remember what they were. I don't care about amorous affairs of presidents or royals, or indeed of anyone else. I do care about sustainable land use and town planning issues and don't think the promotion of thought on those is shallow.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 07:15 pm
prince charles
...i have to be fair to charles. so here is an article from the ...THE SCOTSMAN... giving charles credit for his organic gardening efforts. long live prince charles, the organic gardener ! hbg
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 07:25 pm
from the American Planning Association -
http://www.planning.org/thecommissioner/fall98.htm

The town, which he promoted the building of, was designed by Leon Krier, one of the urban designers I am most interested in re my particular enthusiasms re planning.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 02:51 pm
Hamburger--

I think most women also lack heroism.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 03:02 pm
noddy : we had a saying in germany at a "certain time in history " - " it's better to be a live coward than a dead hero ! ". i'll stick with that for the time being ! hbg

(lieber ein lebender feigling als ein toter held)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 03:33 pm
Hamburger--

My father was a newspaper man and three times a week he was expected to produce a 1000-word opinion column whether he felt wise and insightful or not.

I've always had a certain amount of sympathy for people born into the public eye who are expected to be picturesque and symbolic all the time--whether they feel magnificent or not.
0 Replies