Newlywed Questioning Marriage?????

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 04:10 pm
Basically, i got married 4 months ago and everything has been ok.......well recently i met this guy who i have more in common with than my husband. We can sit and talk for hours about anything, and he listens to me. He is exactly like me. We have the same pet peeves, and the same interests. Where as my husband and I have hardly anything in common compared to me and this other guy. My marriage isn't horrible but it just isn't exciting.....he changed once we got married. What do i do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 835 • Replies: 5
No top replies

flushd

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 05:21 pm
Can you still get an anulement (however that is spelt)?

Four months into a marriage and you're having problems like this already?! I doubt you were ready for marriage to begin with.

If you are determined to stick it through this marriage; man, you've got a lot of work to do. All the work you should have done before tying the knot in the first place!
0 Replies

Deler

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 10:13 pm
Some situations may occure which are beyond the will of anyone. At the same time some situations occure out of the simple ease of not being another. Perhaps the only reason you find it so easy to talk to this new person is because you don't have to commit, you don't have to endure the problems of your newly found relation. The vow one makes is only as strong as the tongue speaking it. You must hold strong as this is a time which will lay the groundwork for the future. No human can be uneffected by circumstances, and setting your future in such a way is a means for anyone to be swayed. Give him time to adapt, be supportive and adaptive to his needs and his methods of liveing while ever attentive to his focus of your way of liveing. Marriage isn't all hoolahoops and sandwiches, more often then not you'll be shakeing your fist angerly at this person next to you, so learn to do it with a grin
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 10:43 pm
I'm curious as to whether you had things in common when you married. You say he changed? From what? Have you changed? I don't mean to get personal but it's hard to know what to say without a bit more info.
0 Replies

TheSarge

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 09:24 am
shorty,

I've been in a similair situation since I've been married. We've been together four years now. Trust me, things don't have a way of ironing themselves out. Eventually, it'll cause a strain on your marriage. That said, I am not one to offer advice on this, as I am going through the same thing. I only meant to point out that things will not change without it being addressed.
0 Replies

TristaKaylee

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 03:00 am
Its simple... do you LOVE him? can you see yourself growing old and spending your life together with him? usually thats something you ask yourself BEFORE you get married. but if you answer no to these questions you should either end it or work it out before it gets any worse. personally i dont see how being with someone who is almost EXACTLY like you would be very exciting.
0 Replies