Do you like Korean film?

barrythemod

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 05:41 pm
silverrainbow wrote:
Oh , in Vietnam , people see Korean films every day on every channel . They are so famous . If you ask me what films i have seen , I have to answer that it's countless . But I like some comedy films . I like DE JANG JEUM , FIRST LOVE , HO JUN , and many others which i don't know how to translate . The industrial entertainment of Korea is really developed . I can see new actors in every films

Welcome silverrainbow.You may be a very valued source of information :wink: Have you discovered The International Movie Data Base
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 06:20 pm
2 more Korean's today........so far :wink:

Sympathy For Lady Vengeance

As you know,I,ve seen this film,in BOTH versions,many times on DVD,then I found out that my Multiplex was gonna show it,so I just HAD to see it on the big screen.They show'd the "full colour" version,as opposed to the Director's prefered "fade to black and white". But W.T.H.
To watch a trailer S.F.L.V. trailers

When I got home,I put The Brotherhood ( Taegukgi hwinalrimyeo ) in the DVD player.
It's a 150 min. story about two brothers forced to fight in the Korean War.Looks very similar to Saving Private Ryan,but BETTER.Why? because there's no "Hollywood" in it.The action sceens are as good,if not BETTER and the totally C.G. plane attack near the end is just as good as Pearl Harbour!
For reviews The Brotherhood reviews
For trailers The Brotherhood trailers

Just might take a look at A Tale Of Two Sisters again befor I go to bed but will I be able to sleep? "Who knows,the Shadow do!"
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 12:52 am
barrythemod wrote:
^
As far as i know,Nicholas Cage has been penciled in for Oldboy.

Checked on his schedual,looks pretty full,maybe my "nudge- nudge-wink-wink" was wrong.I would LOVE to see Gary Oldman play the part.But still can't beat the original :wink:
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 07:23 am
On Saturday,I watched Il Mare ( Siworae ) on DVD witn English subs.

It's the story of a lonely radio actress who once lived in an unusuall lakeside house.She begins to exchange love letters with it's newest resident,a frustrated architect.When they discover that they're actually living two years apart,they must try to unravel the mystery behind their extraordinary romance befor it's too late.

This Rom/Sci-Fi is great.Beautiful to look at with a bonus of a great soundtrack.My copy of this film came with the soundtrack CD and will reside in the player for days to come.This is a cracking "cuddle up on the sofa" film with someone you love.
For better reviews.....Il Mare
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 07:39 am
And on Sunday,after watching Wallace and Gromit : The Curse Of The Were-Rabbit ( no,I don't ONLY watch korean films ),I put Memories Of Murder ( Salinui chueok ) into the player.
Question....Did you like SE7EN or Silence Of The Lambs ? If yes,then this film is just as good.Based on a true story about cops trying to track down a serial killer.Plenty of twists and turns,red herrings,drama,suspense and humor.
A long film,130 mins,but well worth it.

For better reviews.......Memories Of Murder

To view trailer........Trailers
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 02:04 am
I saw a Chinese film the other day called
The Missing Gun

Excellent. I especially liked the ending.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 05:59 pm
really liked old boy, also saw a korean take on the ring, i love cheesy horror flicks
0 Replies

crucifixation

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 01:26 pm
saw Moments to Remember this weekend....really worth watching and very touching
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 05:20 am
Have heard good things about The President's Last Bang.It's on my "to order" list :wink:
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 12:44 am
In my letter-box yesterday was a Chinese film called The Promise.My thaughts later :wink:
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 05:24 pm
Just sat through a delightful 122 mins of The Promise,a film from China,directed by Kaige Chen,who's past record includes Farewell My Concubine and The Emperor AndThe Assassin
This Limited Edition 2 Disc Set comes in a magnificent slip case containing a 36 page picture book and 4 lobby cards.Sound is a choice of Dolby-EX or DTS-ES (nice one!).English subtitles included.
The story is set,as usuall,in old China,contains typical "wire work" in the action scenes but not as over-the-top as in Flying Tiger Hidden Dragon.At times,the CG work is not 100% but the action more than makes up for that.The style of the film,IMHO,contains the "look" of Luc Besson and ever-so-slight touches of The Matrix.
This seems,along with V For Victory,a film that people either love or can do without.For me,it's a cracker Very Happy
As usuall,for better reviews click here
0 Replies

jckhoa

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 07:49 am
answer
Dae Jang Geum (aka Jewel In The Palace) is the best Korean Drama I have ever since
The story is about a physician lady in ancient Korean empire. She overcome obstacles the whole society at that time posed to her to become the best physician. Through the drama, i learn many Korean customs at that time,eg. cuisines, royal rules, costumes,etc.
0 Replies

Anastasia4ever

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 01:22 am
My favorite Korean drama is SORRY,I LOVE YOU . It talks about an adopted guy's vengeance experience.But it is not simple.It makes me think deeply about love and humanity. Smile
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 01:38 am
Bit of a cheat here,because the film I refer to is American.The title is Memoirs Of A Geisha.It reminded me of Raise The Red Lantern,a film which brought to life a piece of history I new little about.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 05:15 am
barrythemod,

Have you seen the new American version of the Korean film "Il Mare" (Si Wall Ae)? The American version is called "Thr Lake House". I wonder how the two versions compare.
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Fri 14 Jul, 2006 06:12 am
wandeljw wrote:
barrythemod,

Have you seen the new American version of the Korean film "Il Mare" (Si Wall Ae)? The American version is called "Thr Lake House". I wonder how the two versions compare.

Hi wandeljw. Over the past few years,I have been very dissapointed with the "run of the mill" films that have come out of Hollywood and looked elsewhere.Luckily,I found an entertaining source of films from Asia.At the moment,Korea is making the most interesting/entertaining films,closely followed,imho,by Russia.

Il Mare ( Siworae ) is a very special film for me,it being an an amalgum of sci-fi and romance.Question...did you see the space ship take off? My copy from Korea included a music soundtrack CD.It lived in my player for weeks.Every time I pressed PLAY,on every track,I was "pulled back" into the film.

Regarding the Hollywood re-make The Lake House,I have yet to see,but reading recent reviews,the past working relationship between Reeves and Bullock really works on screen.It is definatley on my "to see" list.

Wow,just had a thaught.Instead of Hollywood coaching Chinese or Korean actresses to "act" Japanese,why not have a TOTALY Japanese version of M.O.A.G.? I won't hold my breath but would love to see Cool
0 Replies