I like Korean film very much, do you like it? Laughing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 5,463 • Replies: 75
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 06:06 am
I don't think that I have ever seen any Korean films. Are there any that you would recommend?
0 Replies

ausuccess

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 06:11 am
I like < my little bride>

you can have a try :wink:
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 08:25 am
One Korean film was on my personal "10 Best" list of 2002. It was "The Way Home", the story of a spoiled young city boy who visits his grandmother in the country for the summer and has his eyes opened to the beauty of nature and the joy of caring for others.
0 Replies

Jamesw84

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 03:58 am
I havent seen any Korean movies, though I have seen many Korean drama series on tape and DVD translated into Chinese. I love to watch Korean actors in action, their emotions and reactions are so hysterical and exaggerated its such a pleasure to watch. Have most Korean actresses had cosmetic surgery? Is this why they all look so gorgeous? One famous series I loved was something along the lines of "Eve" where the plot surrounds these two girls wanting to become newsreaders for a MBC news station
0 Replies

blue1

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 03:13 pm
I don't think that I have ever seen any Korean films.
0 Replies

thiefoflight

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 09:29 pm
2 of my favorites are Time and Tide and Attack the
Gas Station!
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 01:20 am
Never seen korean film, I think, but I have seen some Korean tv dramas(courtesy of my family watching it). Some of the series have such sad endings...
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 01:43 am
Nope - I watched that really famous one - Chinese title was something like "Life and Death under a blue sky" and laughed over the ridiculous story line. Never watching another one again - I'm sorry.

And I'm not playing favourites - I cannot stand Chinese or HK or Taiwan dramas either. Too exaggerated and unrealistic. Not my cup of tea.
0 Replies

ausuccess

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 05:02 am
I like Korean dramer very much.

for example " yellow handkerchief"
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 05:16 am
I heard some friends talking about one called "the mermaid" where a girl saved a drowning guy and he eventually decided to look for her. Just that short description told me to not look for it - its just too unrealistic and plays with your mind - I know some friends who fantsise about living like those dramas - like very dramatic romances and torrent and hardships btwn the guy and girl during their love life...enjoy it but don't expect it is my motto. the world isn't like that these days. Its each to his own.
0 Replies

Jamesw84

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 04:37 am
Why do Korean chicks look so much better than other Asians on average? Ive noticed theres heaps more pretty Korean chicks compared to other races, is it in thier blood?
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 11:06 pm
"Taegukgi hwinalrimyeo" is an excellent war film.
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 07:01 am
Jamesw84 wrote:
Why do Korean chicks look so much better than other Asians on average? Ive noticed theres heaps more pretty Korean chicks compared to other races, is it in thier blood?

No,it's your hormones Cool
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 07:11 am
Try this trilogy..
Sympathy For Mr. Vengence
Old Boy
Sympathy For Lady Vengence
Cool Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Jamesw84

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 03:28 pm
barrythemod wrote:
Jamesw84 wrote:

No,it's your hormones Cool

I doubt it is only me who feel this way about Korean girls LOL
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 05:43 am
Oh,nearly forgot to mention A Tale Of Two Sisters.Guaranteed to have you gasping for breath with each successive scare.You'll be kept guessing until the very end of this unique and brilliant film. Cool
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 09:45 am
O.K.
Had a flick around and have come up with these recomendations from trusted posters on other boards.

J.S.A. (Joint Strike Action)
Crying Fist
Save The Green Planet
The Isle
3 Iron
Friend
2009:Lost Memories
Permanant Candy
My Wife Is A Gangster
Failan
Taegukgi
Silmido
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 09:53 am
"Il Mare" has become a much talked-about Korean romantic drama. It has been remade in an American version called "The Lake House". "The Lake House" will open in theaters on February 3, 2006.

http://www.asiandb.com/data/store/org/2251.jpg

The alternate title for the original Korean version is "Si Wall Ae" which means "love across time".
0 Replies

Jamesw84

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 12:51 am
Whats that chick called? She looks nice. Koreans are the only asian chicks who are capable of having nice round and full lips.
0 Replies