I can't move on after affair with man.

dolly18

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 05:54 pm
hi all,

I knew that the right thing to do was to try to move on after realizing that going along with his secretive game was just living a lie. I felt it was unfair to me and his wife. For some reason he is on the back of my mind all ways. i know they say time heals but that is so cliche and i would like it to heal right now. I guess i was so used to him paying attention to me and he promised me the world. The world seems like a lot when u are 18. The fact that he is older at least 14 years older than me was pretty interesating. It s so funny how i got hooked and i really didnt want to in the beginning because one i didnt think it was right and two i wanted to be friends but he kept seducing me. how do i cope?
Confused
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 616 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 09:22 am
Nothing last forever....
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 09:29 am
Quote:
i wanted to be friends but he kept seducing me.

dolly18 - Rule #1- It is impossible to be only friends with a man whose interest in you is sexual.

How to you cope? You do. You move on to other things. Believe me, you are not the first young woman who feels crushed after the breakup of her first serious affair, and you won't be the last. But life does go on.

You are in a grieving process, and grieving takes time. You can't rush it.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 06:25 pm
Ok, here's my advice and it may not be good. Laughing

Go out and have fun. Spend time with your girl friends and your male friends that are in your age group. Don't look for a hook-up. Just TALK and LAUGH and spend time with guys your own age.
IMO, you need to wash the fantasy out of your head. A 32 yr old guy can talk up a good game to a 18 yr old woman. He knew what you wanted to hear. Don't worry about feeling bad about it now: it is over. Just learn and move on.
A good way to do that is to spend time with guys who aren't into you sexually (if you want to be sure, pick a gay friend). Listen to what they have to say. See what is actually going on in their minds concerning all matters of things.

Phoenix is right. You will cope. It is what we all have done and a lot of ius will have to do it again. After the first time it gets easier.

Take care of yourself. Smile
0 Replies

MrsDuchamp

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 01:25 am
You will get there Dolly.

It is tuff. i am in the middle of a similar thing myself. But dont worry babe. It all works out in the end.

Be strong and know at 18 its only the beginning
0 Replies

Foxy1983

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 06:04 am
I'd love to have a quick fix to get the wrong guy out of my head, but there just isn't one...it all takes time, and in most cases it can seem as if it takes forever.

I'm still trying to figure out how to stop thinking about someone I was with, he pops up online or I see him in the street and we are back to square one and the web gets even more tangled.

I found the best way is to avoid whoever it is, and know that he is just using you, and that it will never change. The likelihood is that you will meet someone else and forget about him anyway. It does take time though I'm afraid!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 04:01 pm
To All the Lovelorn--

Ask yourself who owns your mind? Who determines your thoughts? Who is in charge of your psyche?

Changing a mental set may be difficult, but changing a mental set is not impossible.

Given a choice in the physical world between a store room of rotting fruit and a garden, you'd pick the garden.

You can make mental choices on the same, enlightened principle.

Good luck.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 04:06 pm
Whoever said love was easy was lying. It doesn't require someone love you back. And it certainly doesn't conquer all.

Keep your faith in yourself and remember that you control you. Noddy is right.
0 Replies