Woah. Patrick Fitzgerald is a Badass

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 12:49 pm
Watching the press conference post-indictment.

I like this guy. No wonder the administration has been filling its diapers lately--this guy is direct, says what he means, and other qualities foreign to the White House.

Bush should appoint him to the Supreme Court. Something tells me that won't happen.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,687 • Replies: 27
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 12:55 pm
Wait wait what happened?!
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 12:56 pm
Libby indicted 5 counts of Perjury and Obstruction. Rove still being investigated.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 12:57 pm
TV's on!!! Thanks for the heads-up. Loved that laugh just now about how things are conducted in Washington.

Bye bye Libby! Yes!
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 01:22 pm
He's sharp and can answer questions intelligently.

Imagine if we had a president who could think on his feet like that. I think I'm gonna cry...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 01:25 pm
I was impressed.

I'll go ahead and say that if Libby is actually innocent, I hope that is reflected in the final result of this whole thing. I don't, personally, think he's innocent.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 01:27 pm
D'artagnan
Crying or Very sad
D'artagnan wrote:
He's sharp and can answer questions intelligently.

Imagine if we had a president who could think on his feet like that. I think I'm gonna cry...

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 01:34 pm
Yeah he's a badass alright. Once I saw him crash though a wall just to provide a tasty and refreshing beverage to children.

Oh wait....

..... that was Gargamel.

Sorry.

Perhaps we should all pitch in to send Karl Rove a box of Depends.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 01:39 pm
I loved the GOP "spin cycle", just as Fitz was talking on NPR, Rush was interpreting what he said for his enfeebled fans. Rush said that '
"Its not about outing of Ms Wilson, nor is it about the reasons for going to war"

At the same time (I have Sirius radio in the truck also) Fitz was giving the rules of investigation. He stated something like
"We suspect that it was Mr Libby responsible for the leak , however, these charges are about whether he gave false information about doing so. HE Lied under oath, perjured himself, and obstructed the investigation", ya know, even Nixon 's crime pales in comparison (that is, if this goes any higher, like the VP)

Now , shades of Bill Clinton's "happy pants". The only thing that died in Bill Clintons case are a few billion sperm cells.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 02:23 pm
I heard Rush today going on about Hillary Clinton, and how what she "got away with" was much worse than what's being investigated now.
You know things are bad on the right if that is the best he can come up with.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 07:39 pm
farmerman wrote:
Now , shades of Bill Clinton's "happy pants". The only thing that died in Bill Clintons case are a few billion sperm cells.

I'm sorry, I must have missed something. Did someone die as a result of Libby's alleged lies?
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 07:42 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
farmerman wrote:

I'm sorry, I must have missed something. Did someone die as a result of Libby's alleged lies?

Hanging curveball, right over the center of the plate...
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 07:44 pm
LionTamerX wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
farmerman wrote:

Hanging curveball, right over the center of the plate...

<waiting patiently in centerfield for the popup>
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 07:45 pm
I feel so happy and warm all over. Wouldn't it be wonderful if the vice-president were indicted? Or, at least, forced to resign to avoid prosecutoion? Anyone remember Spiro Agnew?
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 07:48 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:
I feel so happy and warm all over. Wouldn't it be wonderful if the vice-president were indicted? Or, at least, forced to resign to avoid prosecutoion? Anyone remember Spiro Agnew?

The nattering nabob of Nixon ?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 07:49 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:

Tico and a few select others would come on to say how Cheney fell on his sword for the good of the country and was a hero.....
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 07:51 pm
Nixon's nattering nincompoop, yes. He had to give up the vice-presidency. Did he ever do jail time? I forget. He did plead guilty to tax evasion.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 08:05 pm
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it must have meant the right's character assassination of Fitzgerald had begun.

Has it? If not, will ther ebe one, d'ye think? Or has there already been a failed one?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 08:06 pm
I'm sure we'll be hearing all grades of bullshit soon.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 08:16 pm
Probably find out he had consensual sex with another adult or something.
0 Replies