What do I do ?

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 12:38 pm
I have met this guy about 2 weeks ago and he is telling me he is falling for me when he doesnt even know me and he thinks just because we have both been hurt and are experiencing the same pain that we are so much alike we are completly different I tell him im only looking for a friend nothing serious and he doesnt sem to listen and I dont want to break his heart but what can I do he's leaving for the service and he thinks we can keep in touch and maybe by that time we could have a relationship but im not looking for that in him and I've told him that so how do I get him to realize the truth that im not into him like that without breaking his heart?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 781 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 12:40 pm
Why are you lamenting over this? You've told him how you feel. He's told you how he feels. You can either see each other with the understanding that you want nothing serious or you can say goodbye right now. You can't control whether or not this guy "get's it". You can only be honest and tell him your side and go from there.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 01:56 pm
Bella's right. He's just not listening. He's probably clutchy because he's getting ready to leave and desperately wants some connection with home and has decided you're "it."

You'll REALLY break his heart if you lead him on. Tell him again: "I'm just not that into you." I know it sounds harsh, but it will be far easier on him in the long run.

Surely he has other friends and/or family who will keep him connected to home while he's gone. Don't take on that job, you'll be sorry. Wish him luck and say goodbye.
0 Replies

Deler

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 03:10 pm
Well you damned women say yes and mean no and say no and mean yes, so it's not that uncommon when we don't listen to what you say, it's easy to get unreasonable and not want to hear the truth, who wants to believe love they feel isn't real?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 03:12 pm
Not all of us "damned women" say no when we mean yes. If you "damned men" would quit being so selfish and centered, you might hear us once.

No one wants to believe what they don't like but it doesn't make it shotygurls fault.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 05:25 pm
Deler wrote:

Quote:
...it's easy to get unreasonable and not want to hear the truth, who wants to believe love they feel isn't real?

John Hinkley felt this way about Jody Foster.

Love is not necessarily reciprocated.
0 Replies

shortygurl

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 10:11 am
Now hes talkin to my best friend and telling her that we need each other I dont need anyone Im a pretty independent woman and Ive explained this isnt what I want and he doesnt understand I say no and mean no not say no and mean yes but he thinks we have chemistry which in reality we dont I really dont get men he's way to immature for me and Ive tried to pull back and tell him its not gonna work but he insists I should give it a try and not give up
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 11:13 am
He sounds like a pretty pathetic guy. Now that he's acting like this you can't even really be friends. I suggest that you remind him of the following things in consecutive sentences so that it may seep into his dense skull:

1) I hardly know you
2) I'm not attracted to you
3) You're creeping me out
4) I don't think we should be friends anymore
5) I'm sorry it turned out this way
6) Good luck in the service
7) Goodbye
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 11:46 am
Deler wrote:
Well you damned women say yes and mean no and say no and mean yes, so it's not that uncommon when we don't listen to what you say, it's easy to get unreasonable and not want to hear the truth, who wants to believe love they feel isn't real?

I know shortygurl, and she has told him no many many many times.... I am the best friend he was talking to.... No means no, yes means yes... it is not that hard...

I am not a damned woman... I know when I say no, I mean it....

Trust me she doesn't love him
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 08:26 am
It's obvious in this case that she doesn't love him, but Deler's point isn't stupid, Crazielady. Many women DO say the opposite, either because they can't make up their mind, they don't care, they are confused, they changed their mind, or they forgot...as a guy, you often have to infer things that aren't precisely what was said...this guy is just dense though.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 09:54 am
6) Good luck in the service

Laughing Thanks for my first laugh of the morning, stuh.

I agree. He sounds dense. Just use a shockingly effective method: Honesty!
Be blunt. I don't like you. Stay away. etc etc.
Use stuhs list if need be. But try to keep a straight face. :wink:
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 02:48 pm
Quote:
Ive tried to pull back and tell him its not gonna work but he insists I should give it a try and not give up

You've tried all sorts of communication and this guy doesn't believe in two way communication.

Refuse to see him, to speak to him or to talk about him.

He is his own problem--don't let him become yours.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 02:58 pm
No means no.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 02:59 pm
Kick him. That'll get your message across.
0 Replies