interesting note on social behaviour

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 02:05 pm
I'm a jewish almost 21 yr old from the jewish side of Jo'burg South Africa. I met this really cool sexy hot sweet guy about- 3 weeks ago see earlier posts- now being the kinda girl I am ie communicative, I've mentioned him to friends and family some of my friends have met him too. Now I got mixed bag of buddies as do most young people in jo'burg have I think it's a social backlash to an earlier era. White, black, gay, straight jewish christian whatever. Funny thing is soon as I mentioned that the guy was indian a lot of them reacted. My mom "hindu or muslim?" I'm like "I don't know I think Hindu" she "that's okay then but can't you find a nice jewish boy?" This comment coming from my mother who only decided to convert to Judaism when i was 5. What a joke. Another black friend of mine was like"oh it's good that he doesn't smell like curry." Okay right that's deep. It's strange to see how even people who are "liberal" tend to react to sexual relationships between people of different cultural, religious and racial backgrounds in a sort of subtle that shouldn't happen way.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 615 • Replies: 2
No top replies

flushd

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 03:33 pm
Oh, I feel ya'!

My last serious relationship was with a guy who had First Nations background. He has beautiful brown skin and high cheek bones, stocky build. Okay; so he LOOKED like an 'indian' to my family, but he was adopted as a baby to a Croatian-Canadian family! It didn't matter. I put up with a lot of questionable jokes and some straight on insults directed our way.
The funny thing about it is that my mom has brown skin and is often mistaken for First Nation. GAW?!

Now, my first serious relationship had problems of its own too! He had Austrian blood, was tall blue eyed and lanky. His mother ...I still laugh when I recall this...she called me " a dirty french darky-dwarf!" She didn't want granbabies that weren't 'pure blood'. hmmm.....
GAW?!

People are funny. Things are always 'cool' until it's in the family. Then old faithful racism pokes its head. sigh.
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 03:14 am
i know people are so strange, and you right it's all good till it's in the family. I don't know i hate that kind of double standards.

Well this is guy is gorgeous 6 foot 6 high cheek bones great build and the kind of skin that would make any supermodel jeolous. I mean it's just unbelievably good.
0 Replies