drugs/doctor/Help PLEASE

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 03:40 pm
Hi,
I am 15 years old... and I have a physical at the doctor tomorrow morning. I am absolutley terrified that the doctor is going to tell my mom things. 1 being that weed is going to show up on my routine blood test and urine test. I smoked weed for like the second time on saturday and the appt. is tuesday morning. I am wondering if it will actaully show up, or do they have to be looking for it? and also will tell say something to my mom? There is also some other stuff I dont want the doctor to tell my mom, and I dont know if she will or not? Does the patient/doctor policy thing only apply if you are over 16? PLEASE HELP before I freak out!!!!

thanks
_____
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 761 • Replies: 5
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 05:00 pm
You have a right to privacy, it's called the physician-patient privilege, even though you're under 18. If your doctor tells your mother these kinds of things, at least here in the US, that's a major no-no in terms of the doctor's continued licensing and ability to practice medicine.

The doctor also cannot say whether you are sexually active or asking for birth control, far as I'm aware.
0 Replies

KissyFace22

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 05:49 pm
ahhh ok so im pretty much good on the sexual stuff.... and for the blood/urine test? Like she couldnt just go tell my parents without telling me first?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 06:52 pm
I can't imagine why that would be a part of any tests involving a physical exam, for what it's worth.
0 Replies

KissyFace22

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 07:40 pm
yah I think that too....but Im just saying incase it like shows up? They are just testing my iron, blood sugar etc. but while they are testing that what if weed show up.... then I am screwed
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 09:05 pm
KF--

I'll probably sound very brutal here, but if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Right now you're talking about 15 year old who experimenting with sex and illegal drugs and worried that her parents will find out.

Think about your situation. Is your behavior wrong? Are your parents' opinions wrong? Are you comfortable giving lip service to their moral code and ignoring when you're with your friends? Do you like deceiving your parents? Why do you think they have the opinions they do? Should they continue supporting you while you experiment with adult behavior?

If they find out, will they be angry? Hurt about your deception?

There aren't "right" or "wrong" answers here, but living lies is not comfortable behavior.
0 Replies