Atheists... Your life is pointless

Cyracuz

Sat 13 Feb, 2010 08:40 am
@runner45,
Quote:
These people are so hard-hearted if God came down to them today they would still make up **** to neglect it.

This is so funny. You mean they would do precicely what you are doing to science right now? Whatever god may or may not be, science is here, now, and when it is in conflict with your beliefs you "make up **** to neglect it".

The question I keep asking myself is; why do you persist in your belief that faith and reason have to be mutually exclusive?
BillRM

Sat 13 Feb, 2010 08:56 am
@runner45,
Quote:
Ok if you are so brillant tell me how something was created out of nothing, did you do it LOL. .

As you seem to believe that your god was created out of nothing all you are doing is moving creating out of nothing one step away from the universe being created out on nothing.

You do know logic 101 correct?
0 Replies

farmerman

Sat 13 Feb, 2010 08:56 am
@runner45,
I like being a moron. I live for ignorance because it makes my work day fruitful. I love to find out things I didnt know before and , truly, to have everything handed to me (informationally) so that no in-depth reerach is needed seems really mind numbing. No wonder you come off as defiantly ignorant.
Its ok though, you are great for comedy relief.

"Something out of nothing". There seems to be nothing wrong with this because its precisely how your Bible explains things, except without any evidence or theories.

The mutual exclusivity that you thumpers dwell on ignores the very theories and evidence that science has produced to explain the development of life on the planet, as well as a serious evidence based explanation of how everything started. I, for one, feel much more comfortable knowing WHY something occurs. I refuse to believe in a deity who wants you to remain dumb as a doorpost.
However thats no concern to me, as neither is your concern for my upcoming demiose. WE all die alone and become part of the galactic nutrient base.
BillRM

Sat 13 Feb, 2010 09:00 am
@runner45,
Quote:
The one's on here that say it is impossible for God to are just idiots.

Your version of a god is as likely to be true as there being a tooth fairy.

Not zero but about as near to zero as you can get
runner45

Sat 13 Feb, 2010 09:44 am
I just want to know what you will do when you die, and you see God really. What will your responce be? Like i said before please explain why you are such in a minority in America. If you science is to dead on and perfect like you say why don't more people buy into your ****. Millions of more people buy into the Bible than your made up, pointless, lifeless, hopeless, abyss evolution. Explain to me why you are such a minority, less than 5 percent of the population. Because like you people love to say that is a fact, you can't dispute that. I am happy that you people find me amusing though. I will invite my whole church to come on here and they will feed you people bible verses into you throw up, believe me they will, you think I am defensive you have seen nothing yet!!!
runner45

Sat 13 Feb, 2010 09:47 am
@BillRM,
See even you agree not zero, so you are saying it is possible, well good for you. You are not completely insane, and you have read the whole Bible too which again is impressive. List out the Bible's faults not my fault's. It is the bible you are trying to destroy, not me I am just one person out of billions. Since you have read the whole thing, I want to here your positives and negatives of it. Get into as much detail as you want.
runner45

Sat 13 Feb, 2010 09:58 am
@farmerman,
What is the serious evidence of how the universe started, if you know it, state it. Be honest have you even read the whole Bible, because if you haven't how can you trash it. Is that not the defintion of ignorance, trashing something you know nothing about. You are right though I have taken to many shots at you. It is not even you personally, it is just what you represent. That every church, prayer, and belief in something outside the natural is a fairy tale. That every person who has ever gone to church in the history of the world is just wasting their time, and every prayer is just a waste of time as well. Being honest with you that really does piss me off. So I will give you one point I can't really call you personally a moron because I don't know you, just as you don't know me personally. This is a good debate to have though, since we are talking about the most important thing of all. Politics, abortion, gay marriage, any subject cannot compare to the origins of the universe and why we are here. God did not make us all the same that is why we have these long winded debates in the first place. Believe me, man there are much stronger Bible thumpers out there than me. If Billy Graham came on here I wonder what you would say to him. I have read the Origin of the Species but have you read the Bible until then this is a moot argument at least your buddie Bill RM has done that.
runner45

Sat 13 Feb, 2010 10:05 am
@Cyracuz,
Well I will give you credit you said whatever god may or may not be, so you are not a total atheist just an agnostic which is not nearly as retarded. Science is here now true, but will not be here forever. Even you atheists agree that one day humanity will be exist, well so will knowledge. But God does last forever you will see, you all will see, just a matter of time.
runner45

Sat 13 Feb, 2010 10:06 am
@runner45,
I meant non-existent we all make mistakes, I just have the balls to admit my mistakes.
0 Replies

fresco

Sat 13 Feb, 2010 10:17 am
@runner45,
Quote:
Explain to me why you are such a minority, less than 5 percent of the population.

That remark is only valid for the USA which has a peculiar history of religiosity based on its original status of "safe haven" for various sects which have proliferated and diversified. In the UK and other European countries, lip service is paid to religion by the majority. The statistics show that in "the developed world" except for the USA, religiosity in inversely correlated with intelligence. You need to understand that the "in your face" fundamentalist circus which you represent is regarded as a joke by Europeans, and is no doubt something of an embarassment to "thinking" Americans.

I doubt whether you can reply sensibly to this point as your conditioning will probably assign my comments to "Satan". If so, you have my sympathies.
BillRM

Sat 13 Feb, 2010 10:20 am
@runner45,
Quote:
even you agree not zero, so you are saying it is possible, well good for you.

Well I am glad that you are happy that I rank the likelihood of a god at the same level as the tooth fairy.
farmerman

Sat 13 Feb, 2010 10:25 am
@runner45,
My job isnt to educate you skippy. Obviously you have no knowledge of waht science says. I am quite familiar with biblical preaching, Ive been raised by the best and Ive probably read and questioned it waay many more times than you. However, in the 3rd grade,When I became more educated and began questioning the utter simplicity and error filled accounts of Genesis, I became interested in what science had to say.

Ive never called names to the Bible thumpers until one (like you) display the utter rude manners and boorishness common of the commited Evangelical . Then its a matter of who makes the best case. In your case sonny, I dont have to raise a sweat ,you demonstrate your lack of intelligence at every post. Is a lack of intelligence a desirable trait in your Diocese ?

I still am holding out a faint belief that you are just joking and are only playing a hillbilly dummy. (If thats the case, youve convinced me )
BillRM

Sat 13 Feb, 2010 10:26 am
@fresco,
It is also very hard to break early childhood conditioning and see that there is nothing to the claims of faiths we had been feed along with our mothers milk.

The sad fact that the majority have problems breaking this conditioning does not said anything concerning the likelihood of a god.
farmerman

Sat 13 Feb, 2010 10:29 am
@runner45,
Heres a nice summary from UCLA re: the Big Bang and Cosmology. Its in French so its not like the Hillbilly dialest that youre used to.http://www-cosmosaf.iap.fr/Wright.htm
JLNobody

Sat 13 Feb, 2010 10:39 am
Why in the world do we participate in Runner's symptomatology?
fresco

Sat 13 Feb, 2010 10:43 am
@BillRM,
The liklihood of anything is a function of conditioning in the sense that language and idiolects are spectacles through which all classify "reality". I am arguing here that social conceptualization of "thingness" of "gods", is a function of their relationship to our control of "reality".

0 Replies

runner45

Sat 13 Feb, 2010 10:47 am
@farmerman,
Well that was interesting but did still not prove anything. It even says in there we cannot prove the Big Bang theory, that is from your own freaking reference. I guess they are liers though because you can prove the Big Bang can't you. You still sidestepped the question of the have you read the whole Bible. I have many times and I highly doubt you have studied it seriously a tenth of the time I have. I am man enough to apoligize for some of my rude comments. I just hate your belief that belief in God, going to church and prayers are pointless. I bet your parents still are strong believers maybe that is why you get so fired up about this because people like me have confronted you with this for a long long time. Maybe is is wrong to come on an atheist board and trash you people and your scientific methods that never ever fail, but sometimes it just feels good to stick up for God and make you people really think, maybe doubt your own beliefs, there have been millions of atheists throughout the years who now know that is total BS and have switched sides. The likelyhood that happening to you is probably extremely unlikely, but is is possible. You seem the most adament about your beliefs that is why I am attacking so hard. Logically look at it, like you people are obsessed with saying. Your belief will never benefit you at all, no way, shape or form. My belief promises a eternal life in heaven forever, why do you reject that for science. What the hell is science going to do for you after you die? Nothing at all is the answer.
0 Replies

fresco

Sat 13 Feb, 2010 10:49 am
@JLNobody,
Good point. Perhaps because such symptoms raise interesting questions about the nature of what we call "reality".
runner45

Sat 13 Feb, 2010 11:00 am
@BillRM,
I thought athiest meant, no belief in God whatsoever. That the there is no possibility of God at all. You obviously don't believe that. You should give me some credit at least I have the balls to come on a 95% atheist board and go at you people and your sturbborn beliefs. Most believers don't care enough to even try they just feel sorry for you hopeless people and pray that you someday change your ways. Well sometimes I like to take it to the toughest opposition I have and you people sure provide that. I will stop my ranting and raving over God and the Bible, I promise will never get on this atheist board ever again, believe me. I just have always wanted to know what you atheists responce will be when you die and see God seriously what will you do, be afraid, so well I guess those Bible people were right all along, cry out to God for mercy. What will you do? Thank you for taking the time to listen this was an interesting and I am happy I did it. Anyway truly people have good lives and sorry for the over the top rudeness, that is not a good reflection of God at all. I dare you people why don't you try it though go onto a 95% percent Christian board and debate. I listened to all your arguments and found what I needed, how fruitless and empty your belief system really is. Ok I will shut up, please answer my one question though and God Bless!!!
farmerman

Sat 13 Feb, 2010 11:25 am
@fresco,
Very Happy Gotta admit, he is funny. Hes so caught up in dying that he apparently ahs forgotten that hes not dead yet. What a waste of time.
Im outta here.
good idea JL
0 Replies