Trains, Feet, Buses and Automobiles.....your commute.

jespah

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 08:53 am
I'm sorry, it's an Excel table (for the food):

Code:Table 1
1. Napkins, Plates, Plasticware, Napkins 2. Spinach Salad 3. Pasta Salad 4. Potato Salad 5. Greek Salad 6. Bean Salad 7. Chinese Noodles

Table 2
8. Pasta Salad 9. Cranberry Sauce 10. Pickles & Vegetarian Sushi 11. Hot Dogs 12. Hamburgers 13. Veggie Burgers 14. Chicken Sausages

Table 3
15. Peppers and Onions 16. Mustard, Relish, Mayo 17. Boneless Chicken 18. Beef Tips 19. Desserts 20. Bottled Water 21. Soft Drinks

^that's the contents of it, except it's all in boxes, e. g. 8. Pasta Salad is in its own little frame. My stuff occupies spot #9.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 09:25 am
I drove to old job...past the usual accidents and crap, and was physically stuffed after the long commute, with no exerecise benefits.

It was lovely to see the plane tree avenues growing up, and the goslings in the funny park with a pond thing I pass,
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 09:33 am
Leaves are a big part of the fun of walking, sozlet and I had a great time crunching through 'em, kicking and scattering 'em, etc.

I absolutely adore the food map. Ha!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 09:38 am
Dear Deb; fyi "THE MAN WHO MISTOOK HIS WIFE FOR A HAT" Here Dr. Sacks recounts the case histories of patients lost in the bizarre, apparently inescapable world of neurological disorders: people afflicted with fantastic perceptual and intellectual aberrations; patients who have lost their memories and with them the greater part of their pasts; who are no longer able to recognize people and common objects; who are stricken with violent tics and grimaces or who shout involuntary obscenities; whose limbs have become alien.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 05:03 pm
Yes, know it.

Er, but why HERE, and why NOW????

Puzzled in Adders....

Oh! Cos I mistook the poor fella for a shelf???

Oh dear. It was only because he was in my peripheral vision....
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 07:26 am
be glad you didn't try to find cranberry sauce in him...

my commute today was prolonged by squeeky brakes. first i had to locate the right kind of tools to play with the front brake. sometimes when you lock up a bike so that it leans against something, brakes can shift and such. i played around, tweaked and twisted, couldn't get the bugger straight. then i tried to take the wheel off and put it back on, just to see if it wasn't put in askew. sure it was. if it was my first thought, i'd have saved some 45 minutes of nonsense...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 07:37 am
Aiyee!

I have had thoughts of getting a bicycle....but the poor, squished, cyclist I saw the other day did not encourage me to commute on one....but allowing me to use the car less for shopping and such...hmmmm.

Heehee...I have never had one with gears, though. How easy is it to learn?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 07:42 am
Oy veh! My commute home from old job (and I STILL have a heap of files to do, dammit! was a nightmare.

Where I used to work is one of the most economically disadvantaged areas, and there just seem to be enormous amounts of free floating anger and aggression, as well as such stress that people do not really have their minds on the job of driving.

Also, we are on a very busy road.

So many accidents!

Just crossing the road to pick up the work car was fraught. People often drive so aggressively that it always felt that you could be killed picking up the car. There were fatal accidents at our intersection more often than I care to name. People in other clinics laugh when we say this, but 'tis true.

I was reminded tonight as I dodged two cars which went through red lights at ferocious speed, and another who suddenly stopped and did a u turn on a freeway, over the road divider....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 04:46 am
Oh boy!

We have ducklings! And cygnets! And pairs of pelicans.....but I do not believe they will nest on the river....I doubt there is enough food for them.

Our east parklands (which I walked home amongsr the other night) have sprouted huge jumps.....many of them...annual Grand Prix International Three day Event!

Wow...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 05:26 am
dlowan wrote:
Aiyee!

I have had thoughts of getting a bicycle....but the poor, squished, cyclist I saw the other day did not encourage me to commute on one....but allowing me to use the car less for shopping and such...hmmmm.

Heehee...I have never had one with gears, though. How easy is it to learn?

Very easy. If worst comes to worst, you just won't shift speeds :-)

Today I wanted to wear a skirt to remind myself I am still a lady even though I bike and box. So I took the subway. I sat opposite a heroin couple, or so I assume. Girl's hands were riddled with shots from injectionis and scars from previous gangrenes. they were both pale and jittery, she would yell at him every now and then for, to me, no apparent reason. oh sigh. i like reading on a subway. now i'm reading "how to make hell out of your life" - a funny self-help book by bernhard geue, which points out all the bad things we do to ourselves...
it's grey but warm, praise be lord. so far so good.
0 Replies