The Santa Fe Frito Pie War

ossobuco

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 08:28 pm
Some of it has to do with... do you dump the can in a bowl and eat? All that bubbly goo around the beans contains hyaluronic acid or something like that. Fart city.

I have heard but not tried, that adding a bit of baking soda when making one's own pot of beans at home keeps them from raising your body to sky high.

Me, I am most happy when I have either dough rising or beans soaking. I do the overnight thing, not the fast way. One throws out the first rinse or two... or at least I do. Real beans from dried beans are good.

I haven't personally experienced, but have heard of, fresh beans being fantastic, as in real limas out of the field. Although I have had fairly fresh favas and liked them..
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 08:34 pm
There are many beantific recipes for chili, especially in old cookbooks that were concerned with nutrition. Love beans, beans, beans.

And Mexican beer. YUM.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UADpAiQZyweHYqBWfLtG9sQfKAvdTi3FpSKtdq9DBRZXhE39vIT99UBl3jJPjhmgPf3z0SQocGeGgseUmbB8sjcw0U3nmZVB9lWpMo4NR2ZyUxmRHqPonnSC2h0AcNod/beer,%20Bombero.jpg

Burp. Ooops! Scuse me!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 09:04 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Some of it has to do with... do you dump the can in a bowl and eat? All that bubbly goo around the beans contains hyaluronic acid or something like that. Fart city.

Nope, but personally, my hands never touch my meals, as my wife is the grand chef in our household.

But, I know my wife makes it with lean ground beef and beans and other stuff. Has to make it very, very none spicy or else I would suffer with my delicate gastro-intestinal system.
0 Replies