Chinese Zodiac sex predictor

sum

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 09:20 pm
Chinese Zodiac sex predictor

Has anyone else heard of this Chinese Zodiac sex predictor? The technician in my OB's office told me about it, and I kind of chuckled and blew it off. But tonight at work, this lady came in and was telling one of the nurses I work with who is pregnant that she will have a girl (it is a girl). She was basing this on the Chinese Zodiac thing. Here's how it works: Take the month you CONCEIVED Take how old you were when you conceived Now, put a number to the month you conceived. Jan. is 1, Feb is 2, March is 3,and so on.
If both the month # and your age are either even or odd, you are having a boy. If one is odd and one is even, you are having a girl. Now, she tried this on every woman at work and it all worked out to be true. The tech in my doc's office said it's always right! Has anyone else heard of it? So now, take the test yourselves........does it work out?
If it's true, that means I'll be having a girl........I've thought this baby was a girl from the beginning, for some reason. Last time I thought it was a boy. We shall see!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,471 • Replies: 6
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 09:58 pm
sum, Sounds interesting. We have Chinese relatives, but this is the first time I've heard of this one. Will check it out. c.i. Wink
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 05:38 am
It ended up being true for me. The #'s were both even and I had a boy. Very interesting.
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 07:47 am
Any system for making such a prediction will be correct about 50% of the time. It was right about my son, wrong about my daughter.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 12:53 pm
A Western Superstition--right about 50% of the time.

Swaddle a needle in tissue paper, keeping the bar shape.

Twirl and shake.

Pick up by one end. If you grabbed the point, you are carrying a boy. If you picked the eye, your baby is a girl.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 01:13 pm
I had all kinds of cool tests done on me when I was pregnant; there had to have been at least 10 different cultures represented. There was stuff about carrying high or low, something (a spoon?) being tied to a string and dangled over my belly, a zillion things. They were all about 50%.

This one, for what it's worth, was right.

Meanwhile, congratulations on your pregnancy!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 02:32 pm
sum, Sometimes (many times), I'm slow to acknowledge what is so evident in our own lives. We have two boys. It works for our older one, but not for our younger son. They were both born in the same month, but three years apart. Wink c.i.
0 Replies