Parents in parks... where the hell are they?

DrewDad

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 12:58 pm
sozobe wrote:
By 18 months she was pretty

All of Sozlet's uber-femme tendencies are Sozobe's fault, obviously. Smile
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 12:59 pm
http://www.austinmama.com/
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 01:08 pm
wow.. that is a cool site!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 01:11 pm
They have meetings, playdates, etc.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 01:11 pm
I LOVE this --
"A little girl offers forth her tiny white spoon for me to taste. Watermelon sorbet. She is full of glee that it tastes exactly like the fruit. I open my mouth and take in her offering. I hate watermelon. But somehow this cold spot melting on my tongue tastes like a sweet green leaf. No one wonders why three white women are bringing a dozen black kids into a gelato bar. For now, the barriers that keep us separate have been breached. For now, there is no color except watermelon pink."
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 01:19 pm
DrewDad wrote:
They have meetings, playdates, etc.

what would that be under?
I did a search and I got articles where playdates / orplay groups was mentioned..
but i dont see.. unless it is staring me in the face.. a schedule for play groups?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 09:09 pm
You might have to join the mailing list.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 12:02 pm
Day-4
trial 2 of hands off mommy-

We scooted ourselves to the park for a play date.
Turns out I had the wrong park.. Embarrassed
but that is ok.
There was a large group of kids at the park we went to anyways and about 4 mommies all on the sidelines.
So, I unstrapped Jillian and busied myself with her stroller while she toddled off to play.
I held her hat in my hands so I wouldnt get nervous ( ohhh boy im a dork...) and just watched.

There was a mommy of 2 sitting next to me so I just started talking to her about what I was feeling.
How i felt like I needed to monitor and be the safety queen of everything she did.
She not only related , but was able to laugh at me and with me in just the right places.
She was a mommy of 2 boys. One 2 1/2 and another 14 months.. talk about having her hands full!!
So between her and I sharing the safety police stories and randomly chasing our kids, I got a good idea of what it was like to just let her play and an even better idea of how to not be so freaky.

I am going to try to get a group of mommies together for a play date at this park for every friday.
This is pretty neat.

And watching her play was just as fun.She even got into a 'baby fight' Laughing
OK- so am i wierd to have enjoyed watching that? ;-)
It was the typical no I WANT that toy pull and tug.. but cute as hell.
0 Replies