What do you look for in a man?

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2005 12:56 pm
Well, Ummm.....

This question is for all females. Yes, what do you look for in a man?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,860 • Replies: 36
No top replies

Chai

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2005 01:04 pm
Someone who will honor and respect me, and I would honor and respect him.

Someone with a sense of humor....this does NOT mean someone who is always cracking jokes....having a sense of humor meaning being able to not take the small stuff so seriously, being able to make the best of a situation, being able to love life.

Someone who will try to find out what I like as hard as I try to find out what he likes.

Someone who will be faithful to me. Not just by not sleeping with other women, but by not talking talking negatively about me to other people.

Someone who has skills in areas I lack, as well as me having skills in areas he lacks.

that's just for starters.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2005 01:12 pm
And as for looks, Chai?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2005 04:45 pm
Someone comfortable in his own skin.

Someone who likes to be nekkid.

Someone with a sense of humour.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 09:11 am
spidergal wrote:
And as for looks, Chai?

Oh, my mistake, I thought you were asking a serious question.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 09:17 am
Honesty, respect, humorous,faithful,someone that has goals and ambitions.... someone who will expect me and all of my flaws... someone that is not perfect, but perfect for me... someone sweet and caring but still wild and fun...
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 09:17 am
ehBeth wrote:

Someone who likes to be nekkid.

I don't understand people who are afraid to be naked in the privacy of their own home. I don't get it. I am naked or partly naked at least 50% of the time I am home. Very Happy
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 11:04 am
me too.

I mean, it's My house!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 11:06 am
I fixed my roof in the nude.

Got a ticket for that one.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 12:13 pm
I like men who are tall, black, intellectual, and have an absurd sense of humor. My husband is three out of four of those things, and my 2 best male friends are also three out of four.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 12:34 pm
Synonymph wrote:
I like men who are tall, black, intellectual, and have an absurd sense of humor. My husband is three out of four of those things, and my 2 best male friends are also three out of four.

Are you saying your husband's a midget?

Wait. You're married to the guy who played the elf in Bad Santa, aren't you.

Are you two best friends midgets too?

Did they all try out for the role?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 12:38 pm
For me, it's all about who they are as a person. I'm on a 'beauty is only skin deep' kick today :wink:
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 12:42 pm
The other day I was layin' about, dirty hair, ripped t-shirt, had'nt bothered to bathe, eating chips or pudding or a bowl of ketchup or something and my husband came back from where-ever and told me how much he loved me.

Wow, you shoud see HIM sometimes.

So what?
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 12:46 pm
So many questions. You sound like you're under the influence of caffeine, Chai Tea. What is Bad Santa?

My husband is not black.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 12:47 pm
After being let down and left hanging time and time again, I learned to look for a man I could count on. And thank God I found him.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 12:54 pm
I dont look at men in general anymore.
At least not in the 'potential mate' way.
I enjoy a good set of buns on a man as any woman does..
but when I found/ met Mr Wolf, i wasnt looking.
But with in a few months , there was still nothing that was 'missing' so I guess he filled my requirements.
Now when I look at him i see dirty diapers, humor, messy kitchens, a snuggle buddy, strength, intelligance, frustration, anticipation, music, board games, baby toys, ... all kinds of things that wouldnt normally be on a ' possible mate check list' ;-)
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 01:01 pm
At this point in my life, I am looking for what eoe said: A man I can count on. For the long run. If I'm sick with cancer: is he gonna stand by me and tell me I'm beautiful? Will he work with me?
I want a King, because I am a Queen. Smile
Looks don't matter. Money doesn't matter. Even intelligence is a sliding scale for me.
He has to share some of my values and have a passion for life.
He has to be honest, have integrity, and a good solid heart.

He has to want to be with me as much as I want to be with him.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 01:11 pm
I found out through all the craziness the last 2 years that my husband really does love me. I've gained weight, look like death warmed over half the time, don't cook, clean or other wise tidy up the house. I cry a lot, cling to him, fight with him, flipout 5 times a day, am undecisive and then get angry when he is as well. And he continues to say "If you need me I am here" He takes the beatings and comes back for more. And now that things are getting better I can see that and it makes me love him more for loving me enough not to divorce me. (Facts show that divorce is very high in patients in my situation)

So for me, reliability and genuine loyality are important. Affectionate, loving and sensitive (but not TOO sensitive). Good looking (my hubby is still smokin' hot IMO) with a dry sense of humor and the ability to laugh at himself. Playful but also hard working. A homebody who likes to go out sometimes and tear it up. Patient. (Thats huge, espcially with the way life has been lately.)
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 01:14 pm
psstt-
your hubby IS hot. Embarrassed
lucky beey-otch
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 01:16 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
psstt-
your hubby IS hot. Embarrassed
lucky beey-otch

Hey, you been peekin' in my windows again?
0 Replies