adding spice to a long term realtionship+getting in the mood

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2005 08:14 am
hey all
im looking for some advice, preferably from peoples past experiences, of how you can spice up a long term relationship's sex life? been with my partner nearly 3yrs now+for the past 4 or 5 months i just havnt wanted to do anything. ive almost totally lost my sex drive+i just think "god, i cant be arsed". However, recently its been improving, so id like to give it a boost!
Any ideas? i dont mind spending money, or going different places, its just whether things will work in the long term and not just make me more willing for one night!!
thanx
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 748 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2005 08:51 am
tina969 - I remember reading, a long time ago, that heightened passion lasts for about three years. According to the writer, the biological reason for this is to ensure a pregnancy.

I cannot attest to the veracity of this claim, although it does make sense to me. After you have been with a person for a few years, things settle into a routine, and the newness of the relationship has waned.

In the early phases of your relationship, what did you and your partner do that was sexually exciting? Have you settled into a predictable routine? Change the way, where and how you appproach romance. Be spontaneous.

What sort of things inspire romance in you? Did the two of you have a romantic spot, a hotel, a city, a place that has great memories for the both of you? Return to that place, and see if that does not help. Are there certain smells, sounds, colors that turn you on? Include them in your romantic interludes.

Life settles down after awhile, but it soes not mean that is has to be sexually boring. Be adventurous, and good luck!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 08:16 am
C_Jane (I think) posted something recently about a particular version of yoga for increasing sex drive. I'll see if I can find it.

Nope, it was piffka here:

Quote:
My advice:
I think if you and she are truly dedicated to making this relationship work, begin a class in Kundalini yoga together. Tell her this is essential to your staying engaged. You want to burn, she should be burning for you. If she cannot arouse herself in Kundalini or if she says no, then you have your answer.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1620452#1620452
0 Replies

rham797

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 03:05 pm
If you haven't already, try some toys. My wife and recently (After being married for twenty years) bought a few things and they really gave our love life a nice boost. The new wore off after a while, but we still get them out once in a while for a change of pace. There's nothing wrong with trying and it may be just what the doctor ordered.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 03:19 pm
buy some gerbils
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 03:25 pm
put the gerbils in a blender and then---------.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 03:32 pm
Skipping the oggy step.....

Pour pureed mixture into rubber bag hanging above waist level.....
0 Replies

lmsabm

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 02:44 pm
For a serious answer... Try changing a few things. Try a different location. I saw that someone suggested toys--good one. Try body paints. Try eating food off of each other (chocolate, strawberries, stew juice... whatever you like). Try doing activities that you both might like (dancing, clubbing, etc) and do them together. Take separate vacations (the heart grows fonder when you're not together).

Here's a fun one: If you go to bars, then this is for you. Walk in separately. The one who goes in first, sits at the bar with a drink. Then, the other comes in, spots the first from the other side of the room. You could try flirting over the crowd OR the second to come in approaches their partner at the bar. And, tries to "pick them up" as if the two of them have never met.

I hope this helps.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 02:48 pm
Three years isn't a long time. What has happened that has caused this change? New job? New move? Baby? Death in the family? It sounds like stress has caused your lack of drive. Either that or you are in a dip. We peak and dip all the time in our sexual appetite and it's normal. Is it that you don't find your partner desirable or that you just don't feel like physically exerting youself for sex?
0 Replies