Epelepsia

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 05:07 pm
Since I was about 6 Ive had this special form of epelepsia where you kinda dissaperes in the head for a couple of seconds, you hear what people say, but you cant understand it and you cant talk yourself. People cant see it or notice it unless they try to talk to you. And after the seasure you get really tired and can fall asleep anywhere. I have been eating medicin for about 2 years now, because thats when we first found out what it was, epelepsia.
But, what I was wondering is if anyone else have this? Or know someone who does? Because Ive never met anyone who has experienced the same thing.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,087 • Replies: 7
No top replies

littlek

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 05:33 pm
Luckystar - I don't know anything about it, but, hopefully someone else on able2know will be able to talk with you about it. It sounds like an interesting disease.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 05:57 pm
It's a form of epilepsy known as petit mal. A full-blown seizure would be a grand mal. You have to be careful about looking at things like flashing lights, even flashing traffic lights. Anything visual like that can set off a reaction in the brain.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 10:45 pm
I think we have some people on a2k who have dealt with petit mal seizures.

I haven't experienced them myself.
0 Replies

LuckyStar

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 05:15 pm
Yeah, I know its called petit mal. But Im not sensitive to anything like that, flashing lights etc.
We never thought it was epilepsy.
Its strange.... Cause, I got this seasures when I looked at, for instance, a speaker in the corner of a cealing or when I walked in a room. Doesnt sound like epilepsy does it? I thought I was going insane. We, my mum and I, always thought it was some kind of panic attacks. And.... When I was "in" a seasure, I think I could tell what people around me was gonna say.... As I said, I thought I was going insane. We never expected it to be epilepsy. I had it for 10 years before we found out what it was. Those years were hell. But after I did a test for epilepsy, and they told me I had it it was such a relief.
But the doctors never said they recognized that kinda symptom (the speaker, and walking into a room). Ive never met or heard of someone who has experienced the same thing. Thats why I am asking this here. Maybe I AM insane?
0 Replies

LuckyStar

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 02:01 pm
Ok, I take it from your silence that you think I AM crazy :wink:
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 02:18 pm
No, not necessarily, LuckyStar. We just don't seem to know very much about it, nor do any of us have any experience with this type of epilsepsy.
0 Replies

LuckyStar

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 01:12 pm
Yeah, I know. Ive never met someone who has experienced the same thing. Thats why Im asking. And I thought maybe there were someone here who knew something about it?
0 Replies