My Husband is a Text Book

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 01:38 am
Hey all. I was having this conversation with my husband about how at one moment, he can be the smartest man I have ever met, and then the next be a complete moron. When it comes to knowing his stuff...he practically wrote the book. But when it comes to common sence, its like talking to an infant. My husband is really good about regurgitating information he read in Science Magazine, Car and Driver, or anything on computers and technology. Listening to him speak about these things makes me think and feel like I am back in school listening to the teacher lecture. There's not one day that goes by where I am stuck watching the history channel with him about wars, guns, and technology...or pass by his office and see him looking up how stuff works dot com. I am the total opposite. I am interested in the arts and peoples opinions and theatre and movies...you know, what really motivates people.

He is very much not interested in what other people are into. Unless it fits into a category of topics that he knows, he wont give you the time of day. All he ever seems to want to talk about is what he likes, what he is into, or something he read out of a book. Every time I have to listen to it I feel like I am in history class. We got into a huge argument when I told him that it might broaden his horizons if he picked up a novel once in a while that was not in the science, science fiction, or periodicals section. But the funny thing is...he gets really pissed off when I dont feel like learning how my microwave works.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 480 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 02:19 am
I feel for you! If my husband is not talking about what he likes or himself, he's usually not talking. Of course, my husband is a narcicisst, so I've come to expect it. He's always wanting me to stop what I am doing and come look at cars or motorcycles on the TV or computer! Yuck!
0 Replies