Busted- Bush Teleconference With Soldiers Staged

mesquite

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 11:25 am
Can you say that you watched it JW, and were left with warm fuzzies?
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 11:33 am
Allison Barber "coordinated" the teleconference, rather than "staged" it. That made it peachy keen no doubt. Razz
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 11:34 am
yitwail wrote:
Allison Barber "coordinated" the teleconference, rather than "staged" it. That made it peachy keen no doubt. Razz

Was she the one play acting GWB ?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 11:38 am
Quote:
Source

With whom of those exactly did you talk, JW?
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 11:38 am
can't say "play acted", LTX, that would be theatrical. ditto stage managed, directed, or rehearsed. maybe event-planned would be an acceptable substitute for coordinated.
0 Replies

slkshock7

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 04:14 pm
My guess is that this whole story will have a lifespan of about one week....

Think about it...you've got the President on national TV talking to a group of soldiers...which soldiers would you pick? Obviously, you'd want someone articulate, someone capable of intelligently responding to the President's questions, someone familiar with those areas likely to be addressed (e.g. someone who can talk about partnering "If the question comes up...") And do you want them fumbling with the microphone during the 5-6 minute story? No...so you make sure each soldier has an oppoprtunity to speak and the microphone exchange is orderly and efficient.

I'm sorry, but I don't see anything scripted with the possible exception of the first question (CPT Kennedy is clearly supposed to answer the first question implying he MIGHT know what the first question was....then again, they might just know that the President was going to lead with a few words of encouragement and CPT Kennedy chosen as an articulate soldier whom could respond with similar platitudes).
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 04:23 pm
JustWonders wrote:
According to one of the soldiers who participated in the conference, it wasn't "staged" and they weren't "coached". When you want the truth of the matter, it's generally best to consult one of the participants.

Of course, I realize the ABBers aren't interested in the truth...just in bashing Bush every chance they get.

Whine on, ABBers.

When you want the truth to the matter, try watching the actual video:

http://www.crooksandliars.com/images/2005/10/13/Bush-video-conference.jpg
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4957379

http://www.crooksandliars.com/images/2005/10/13/Troops-Photoop-rehearsed.jpg
http://movies.crooksandliars.com/The%20Situation-Room-staged-Iraq-troops-photo-op.wmv

http://www.crooksandliars.com/images/2005/10/14/bush-press-conf-Flack.jpg

Quote:
Teleconference Hackery

The Village Voice is reporting that a public affairs officer was part of the group of soldiers that President Bush talked to. Her name is Corine Lombardo who works for the military as spokesperson to the media.

Village Voice: The videoconference his handlers set up with U.S. soldiers in Iraq was staged, as the AP's Deb Reichmann just pointed out. But here's another part of the flack attack you may not know: The soldier on the left side of the front row was actually a flack herself, though she didn't reveal it during the regime's 24-minute infomercial....read on"

MediaCitizen has much more on this....
0 Replies

slkshock7

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 06:14 pm
Well, I've listened to both the rehearsal and the actual news conference...The only scripting I see is the first question to CPT Kennedy which might be expected just to get the exchange going. Notice that the order of soldiers speaking on the microphone is just the way planned, but the questions (other than the first one) are not...(note that there is no question about partnering from the President). The soldiers seem to have thought about what they were going to say...but that's to be expected. Don't you wargame your responses to possible questions you might get at a job interview? How much more so when you are expected to answer questions from the President?

I still see no scripting beyond what would be expected for a good producer who wants to make sure a live conference goes smooth.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 09:06 pm
JustWonders wrote:
According to one of the soldiers who participated in the conference, it wasn't "staged" and they weren't "coached". When you want the truth of the matter, it's generally best to consult one of the participants.

Of course, I realize the ABBers aren't interested in the truth...just in bashing Bush every chance they get.

Whine on, ABBers.

I JustWonder what you are taking. It must be wonderful to be that disconnected from reality.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2005 10:50 am
Wilso wrote:
JustWonders wrote:

Whine on, ABBers.

I JustWonder what you are taking. It must be wonderful to be that disconnected from reality.

Yeah, I want some of that drug, too. I'm gettin' pretty exhausted from the them Bush realities...
0 Replies