Short-story jokes

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 10:39 am
As I was trying to pack for vacation, my 3 year old daughter
was having a wonderful time playing on the bed. At one point,
she said, "Mom, look at this," and stuck out her 2 fingers.
Trying to keep her entertained, I reached out and stuck her fingers
in my mouth and said, "Mommy is gonna eat your fingers!"
pretending to eat them before I rushed out of the room again.
When I returned, my daughter was standing on the bed staring
at her fingers with a devastated look on her face. I said,
"What's wrong honey?" "Mommy, where's my booger?"

As a catholic mother, my youngest daughter and I were saying our
traditional nightly prayers which include the "Hail Mary". This is
how she seriously said it, "Hail Mary, full of grapes!"

My three year old asked his Dad, "Daddy can I go to work with you?"
My husband replied, "No, Daddy will get fired if I take you with me."
Then my son looked up in earnest and said, "That's ok, Mommy
will throw some water on ya." It took me a minute to get it and
then I laughed so hard I cried!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 12,216 • Replies: 19
No top replies

TechnoGuyRob

The Bum...
A bum, who obviously has seen more than his share of hard times, approaches a well dressed gentleman on the street. "Hey, Buddy, can you spare two dollars?" The well-dressed gentleman responds, "You are not going to spend in on liquor are you?"
"No, sir, I don't drink," retorts the bum.
"You are not going to throw it away gambling, are you?" asks the gentleman.
"No way, I don't gamble," answers the bum.
"You wouldn't waste the money at a golf course for greens fees, would you?" asks the man.
"Never," says the bum, "I don't play golf."
The man asks the bum if he would like to come home with him for a home cooked meal. The bum accepts eagerly. While they are heading for the man's house, the bum's curiosity gets the better of him. "Isn't your wife going to be angry when she sees a guy like me at your table?"
"Probably," says the man, "but it will be worth it. I want her to see what happens to a guy who doesn't drink, gamble or play golf. "
0 Replies

TechnoGuyRob

As a senior citizen was driving down the freeway, his car phone rang. Answering, he heard his wife's voice urgently warning him, "Herman, I just heard on the news that there's a car going the wrong way on I-35. Please be careful!"
Herman said: "It's not just one... It's hundreds of them!"
0 Replies

TechnoGuyRob

A little girl became restless as the preacher's sermon dragged on and on. Finally, she leaned over to her mother and whispered, "Mommy, if we give him the money now, will he let us go?"
0 Replies

TechnoGuyRob

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 10:40 am
Terri asked her Sunday School class to draw pictures of their favorite Bible stories. She was puzzled by Kyle's picture, which showed four people on an airplane, so she asked him which story it was meant to represent.
"The flight to Egypt," said Kyle.
"I see ... And that must be Mary, Joseph, and Baby Jesus," Ms. Terri said. "But who's the fourth person?"
"Oh, that's Pontius, the Pilot.
0 Replies

TechnoGuyRob

A college drama group presented a play in which one character would stand on a trapdoor and announce, "I descend into hell!" A stagehand below would then pull a rope, the trapdoor would open, and the character would plunge through. The play was well received. When the actor playing the part became ill, another actor who was quite overweight took his place. When the new actor announced, "I descend into hell!" the stagehand pulled the rope, and the actor began his plunge, but became hopelessly stuck. No amount of tugging on the rope could make him descend.
One student in the balcony jumped up and yelled: "Hallelujah! Hell is full!"
0 Replies

TechnoGuyRob

A college drama group presented a play in which one character would stand on a trapdoor and announce, "I descend into hell!" A stagehand below would then pull a rope, the trapdoor would open, and the character would plunge through. The play was well received. When the actor playing the part became ill, another actor who was quite overweight took his place. When the new actor announced, "I descend into hell!" the stagehand pulled the rope, and the actor began his plunge, but became hopelessly stuck. No amount of tugging on the rope could make him descend.
One student in the balcony jumped up and yelled: "Hallelujah! Hell is full!"
0 Replies

TechnoGuyRob

A father was approached by his small son, who told him proudly, "I know what the Bible means!" His father smiled and replied, "What do you mean, you 'know' what the Bible means?" The son replied, "I do know!" "Okay," said his father. "So, Son, what does the Bible mean? B - BASIC I - INSTRUCTIONS B - BEFORE L - LEAVING E - EARTH
0 Replies

TechnoGuyRob

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 10:41 am
A minister parked his car in a no-parking zone in a large city because he was short of time and couldn't find a space with a meter. So he put a note under the windshield wiper that read: "I have circled the block 10 times. If I don't park here, I'll miss my appointment. FORGIVE US OUR TRESPASSES." When he returned, he found a citation from a police officer along with this note. "I've circled this block for 10 years. If I don't give you a ticket, I'll lose my job. LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION."
0 Replies

TechnoGuyRob

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 10:42 am
I recently saw a distraught young lady weeping beside her car. Do you need some help?" I asked. She replied, "I knew I should have replaced the battery to this remote door unlocker. Now I can't get into my car. Do you think they (pointing to a distant convenience store) would have a battery to fit this?" "I don't know. Do you have an alarm too?" I asked. "No, just this remote thingy," she answered, handing it and the car keys to me. As I took the key and manually unlocked the door, I replied, "Why don't you drive over there and check about the batteries? It's a long walk.
0 Replies

TechnoGuyRob

Did you hear about the man who won a medal for being the most humble person in town? They took it away from him because he was wearing it.
0 Replies

TechnoGuyRob

Dear Son,
Just a few lines to let you know that I am still alive. I am writing this slowly because I know that you can't read fast. You won't know the house when you come home, we've moved. About your father, he has got a lovely new job. He has 500 men under him, he cuts grass at the cemetery. Your sister Mary had a baby this morning. I haven't found out yet whether it's a boy or a girl so I don't know if you're an aunt or an uncle. I went to the doctor on Thursday and your father came with me. The doctor put a small tube in my mouth and told me not to talk for ten minutes. Your father offered to buy it from him. Your uncle Patrick drowned last week in a vat of Irish whiskey at the Dublin brewery. Some of his work mates tried to save him but he fought them off bravely. They cremated him and it took 3 days to put out the fire. It only rained twice this week, first for 3 days then for 4 days. We had a letter from the undertaker. He said that if the last payment on your grandmother's plot wasn't paid in seven days, up she comes. Your Loving Mother. P.S. I was going to send you 10 dollars, but I have already sealed the envelope.
0 Replies

TechnoGuyRob

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 10:43 am
A duck went into a store and said: "Have you got any strawberries?" The storekeeper said "No." A while later the duck went into the same store and said: "Have you got any strawberries?" The storekeeper said "No." A third time, the duck went into the store and said: "Have you got any strawberries?" The storekeeper said "No, and if you ask me again, I'm going to nail your web feet to the floor!" A few hours later, the duck went back into that same store and said: "Have you got any nails?" The storekeeper said: "No." The duck said : "Have you got any strawberries?"
TechnoGuyRob

Americans are getting stronger. Twenty years ago, it took two people to carry ten dollars' worth of groceries. Today, a five-year-old can do it.
0 Replies

TechnoGuyRob

A Blonde walks into a bank in New York City and asks for the loan officer. She says she's going to Europe on business for two weeks and needs to borrow $5,000.
0 Replies

TechnoGuyRob

A Blonde walks into a bank in New York City and asks for the loan officer. She says she's going to Europe on business for two weeks and needs to borrow $5,000.
The bank officer says the bank will need some kind of security for such a loan, so the Blonde hands over the keys to a new Rolls Royce parked on the street in front of the bank. Everything checks out, and the bank agrees to accept the car as collateral for the loan. An employee drives the Rolls into the bank's underground garage and parks it there.
Two weeks later, the Blonde returns, repays the $5,000 and the interest, which comes to $15.41. The loan officer says, "We are very happy to have had your business, and this transaction has worked out very nicely, but we are a little puzzled. While you were away, we checked you out and found that you are a multimillionaire. What puzzles us is why would you bother to borrow $5,000?"
The Blonde replied, "Where else in New York can I park my car for two weeks for 15 bucks?"
Finally a "Smart Blonde" joke
0 Replies

TechnoGuyRob

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 10:44 am
"Are you a lawyer?"
"Yes, I am."
"How much do you charge?"
"A thousand dollars for four questions."
"Isn't that pretty steep?"
"Yes, it is. What's your fourth question?"
0 Replies

TechnoGuyRob

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 10:44 am
Power of Deduction
Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson go on a camping trip, set up their tent, and fall asleep. Some hours later, Holmes wakes his faithful friend. "Watson, look up at the sky and tell me what you see."
Watson replies, "I see millions of stars."
"What does that tell you?"
Watson ponders for a minute. "Astronomically speaking, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, it tells me that Saturn is in Leo. Time-wise, it appears to be approximately a quarter past three. Theologically, it's evident the Lord is all powerful and we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, it seems we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. What does it tell you?"
Holmes is silent for a moment, then speaks. "Watson, you idiot, someone has stolen our tent."
0 Replies

TechnoGuyRob

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 10:45 am
The Salary Theorem
"Salary Theorem" states that "Engineers and scientists can never earn as much as business executives and sales people."
This theorem can now be supported by a mathematical equation based on the following two postulates:
1. Knowledge is Power.
2. Time is Money.
As every engineer knows: Power = Work / Time
Since Knowledge = Power and Time = Money
then Knowledge = Work/Money.
Solving for Money, we get: Money = Work / Knowledge.
Thus, as Knowledge approaches zero, Money approaches infinity, regardless of the amount of work done.
Conclusion: The less you know, the more you make.
0 Replies

imaboss

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 10:43 am
@TechnoGuyRob,
you stole this from the duck song except its got any grapes
0 Replies