do I believe this can happen or am I setting myself up here?

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 04:06 pm
well in my earlier post i mentioned a a guy i met who stirred a little bit of chaos for friend of mine and I, anyway I've seen him since. Last night to be exact and we had a great time, he is really sweet (if a little bit umm well on his own planet Razz ) now apparently he's a a friendly guy to every one right so is he just being friendly or am I in the running here:

firstly he's by my side every second i wanna go by smokes last night he comes with me, I say I'm thirsty he gets me water, he calls me baby and darling and sweetie. He did something really strange last night, a group of guy friends and myself were chilling at a flat and he took his shirt off because he says he was uncomfortable so he sat around shirtless for the rest of the night (umm hello how uncomfortable can a t-shirt be?). Anyway today he texts me saying we should go dancing on the weekend what you think. Oh and last night he texted me to see if i got home safe. So? is he just "friendly" or is it what i think it is?

I been dissapointed so often don't wanna get too excited over nothing.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 936 • Replies: 9
No top replies

roger

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 05:59 pm
I don't know about your real question, but that kind of doting behavior seldom lasts. Be prepared for that.
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 02:10 pm
what you mean?
0 Replies

TheSarge

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 05:10 pm
Look..from what you're writing about his behavior, I say he's trying to get a piece. He's using some of my old tactics.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 05:13 pm
TheSarge wrote:
Look..from what you're writing about his behavior, I say he's trying to get a piece. He's using some of my old tactics.

You used to take your shirt off too?

I got thrown out of the restaurant last time I did that.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 05:18 pm
ever seem that seinfeld episode where elaine's bf takes shirt off everywhere?

dunno, sounds strange to me. kinda slimey, if you ask me. are you really interested in him?
0 Replies

TheSarge

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 05:41 pm
Never took my shirt off....I am talking about the guys tactics. I recognize some of the lines he used.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 05:52 pm
Hi Tagged,

Well, when you said he took his shirt off a big red flag went up for me! Was this at his place or yours? If it was his I could kind of overlook the flag. If it was your place, sounds like he's establishing a bit of control.

And what roger said about that doting behavior lasting has been my experience. My husband was so doting when we were dating but boy did that change!

If I were ever out in the dating world again, the one thing I know I would do is pay attention to any red flag I had going off. All too often because of that "honeymoon" phase of a relationship I would ignore many signs of trouble. And once you accept a certain behavior from someone, it's almost impossible to get them to change it!

Hold out for the best, girl! You deserve it!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 08:58 pm
Not to borrow trouble, but that "doting" behavior can turn into possessive behavior and your ardent swain can turn into a possessive abuser.

Get excited, but all means, but if this guy wants you to cut yourself off from friends and family and be his and his alone, get unexcited--fast.

Meanwhile, enjoy. Just keep your eyes open.
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 03:12 pm
nope he's got a wide circle of friends and so do I. Actually we weren't at my place or his palce we were at a friends place there was like five guys and me. In fact so far so good I did one of my scoprio/rat freak out why you not answering your phone or texting me back right nows and he just thought it was funny but apoligised the next day explaining he had reached his monthly limit on his phone and that's why he couldn't text back. he called from a friends phone to apologise i felt stupid man but hey we live and learn.
0 Replies